GLORY - Eastern/Western Itinerary Comparisons

TwinMom7

We've sailed on the GLORY twice in the past 16 months - both times the Western Itinerary.

We've recently booked a third GLORY cruise for November of 2009 - Eastern Itinerary.

For those of you who have done both - what are your feelings in comparison? Did you enjoy one more than the other?

I have been on the Glory's eastern itinerary but not her western. However, I have been on the Conquest's western itinerary twice, and I believe they go to at least two of the same ports...Cozumel and Grand Cayman.

The western Caribbean ports are different in many ways from the eastern ports. There are things that I like about all of them. I like the shopping, snorkeling, and dolphin swim at Cozumel and the stingrays at Grand Cayman. I enjoy seeing Mayan ruins at the various western ports.

I love the beautiful beaches at St. Maarten and and snorkeling at St. Thomas. We did not care for Nassau, but we stayed close to the ship and only went to the straw market (hated that) and took a horse drawn buggy ride around town. I'm sure Nassau has better things to offer that we did not explore, such as Atlantis.

I think you will enjoy the change of scenary of the eastern itinerary. It is beautiful! The islands and people are different from those in the western Caribbean. Eastern is not necessarily BETTER, but different, and a nice change for you to enjoy.

We've sailed on the GLORY twice in the past 16 months - both times the Western Itinerary.

We've recently booked a third GLORY cruise for November of 2009 - Eastern Itinerary.

For those of you who have done both - what are your feelings in comparison? Did you enjoy one more than the other?

We have done both! We love the Glory, and since it is in Port Canaveral that is even better. I must say we really like both the Western and the Eastern ports. We loved St. Thomas and had a blast in St. Marteen. But, then we also liked Costa Maya. If I truly had to pick, I would probably go for the Eastern, but don't hold me to that. You asked a really hard question. LOL

We will be doing the Exotic Eastern itinerary in July on the Liberty and look forward to that.

Archived