book nook on Freedom

It is attached to the cafe. It was NEVER opened the entire cruise. I assume that you are supposed to be able to buy books there (there were some behind locked cabinet type doors). There is a cash register. Again, No one was ever there the whole cruise. We were wondering why they even bothered to waste the space. It really is only an extension of the cafe promenade, not really a separate shop.

Keeping in mind that we were on just the third voyage of Freedom last year...we found the Book Nook to be...

Nothing.

There was nothing there besides a place to sit and walk people. In fact, it is my understanding that on Liberty of Independence, the book nook is gone.

They don't sell books there.

Oh, well, so much for that idea! Guess we'll just pack a bunch of books! Thanks for the replies!

There is a good selection of books in the library, that can be borrowed on the honor system. Maybe check aout a book and then go and read it in the book nook.

Was on freedom last month and the book nook was never open and nobody was ever in there. Just wasted space really that has been eliminated on Independence and I think also on Liberty.

It is attached to the cafe. It was NEVER opened the entire cruise. I assume that you are supposed to be able to buy books there (there were some behind locked cabinet type doors). There is a cash register. Again, No one was ever there the whole cruise. We were wondering why they even bothered to waste the space. It really is only an extension of the cafe promenade, not really a separate shop.

It is funny to hear this! :) We were on a 1-night pre-inaugural on Freedom and the book nook was open, stocked with books on display tables, and staffed. So, how is the barber shop across the way doing?

There are plenty of books in the library to read. Here is a pic of it from our review of the Freedom on our website www.thepreismans.com .

Wow, I had no idea the library was so extensive. That is great!

If you have books that you bring onboard and finish reading, can you leave them for the library? I'd rather share the read than haul them off!

Wow, I had no idea the library was so extensive. That is great!

If you have books that you bring onboard and finish reading, can you leave them for the library? I'd rather share the read than haul them off!

Books in the library tend to be hardback, I usually leave my read paperbacks in the cabin for the room steward

Is it true that on the Liberty, it was changed from the Book Nook to selling future cruises?

I thought since they did, they would do the same to Freedom, but I guess not.

There's been such an area in the library on all the Royal ships I've been on. Nice thing to do. ~ Peri

Archived