Balmoral March 2008

This ship is awesome. It had the best decor of any ship I have been on. The sq. ft. of our balcony cabin was smaller than we were use to, but to our surprise the layout made it seem even bigger than the others. The 'Music of Your Life" entertainment was wonderful, even if my DH and I would be considered youngsters (40s). The crew was attentive and very personable. Ask Manuel in the Palms Cafe to tell you a joke. We sailed through embarkation and debarkation. The food was excellent. There were some postings that "us" Americans would not like British food and that is definitely not the case. We would definitely sail on her again, especially for the Music of Your Life cruises. I am very impressed with Fred Olsen. In fact, I can't think of anything that I didn't like. Highly recommended!

Hi

It's great to see another positive report particularly from someone in the same age group as myself and partner. I am trying to find out what the superior suite is like(in the original section of the ship) as its the only cabin which does not have an up to date picture on their website. Only a little over 35 days to go, cant wait.

Steve :)

Snow Princess we might have been on the same cruise. Were you on the March 3rd sailing? Manuel in the Palms Cafe was a riot with his jokes even if he had to read them off his pocket cue cards! Passengers would tell him a joke and he would laugh and say write it down for me! Check out my pictures on my web-site http://www.clublounge.net

That is the same cruise we were on. I did look at your pictures and it brought back fond memories. I also have some great photos I hope to get posted including one of our grand cabin. I have one where the Balmoral is docked next to NCL Pearl and it just shows how enormous those other ships are. Personally, I felt the Balmoral had everything we wanted. I really don't need a choice of 50 different activities every hour.

We are thinking of sailing on her again next winter if she is in the Caribbean again. I am checking to see if there will be any "Music of Your Life" cruises again because we so enjoyed the entertainment. :D

Archived