A few pre cruise questions

Hi, we are sailing on the Jade on 13 June from Southampton and are new to NCL. Sorry if these questions have been covered in other threads already!

1. I would like to purchase a romance package as a surprise for my fiance (we are getting married the day before the cruise!). From the NCL website it looks as though the only way to do this is to print off a form and fax it. Is there any other way that a UK based cruiser can book this package? It seems odd that I can email for a bar set up, but not for this!

2. What is the best time to go to check in at the embarkation port? It seems to me that most people will want to be there as early as possible! Would it mean a quicker process if we waited until, say, an hour before the latest check in time?

3. How much storage space can we expect in our balcony stateroom? We don't want to bring clothes that we can't store! I have cruised on other lines and enjoyed a big double closet with 6 large drawers - is NCl similar?

We will be grateful if anyone can help out!

2. What is the best time to go to check in at the embarkation port? It seems to me that most people will want to be there as early as possible! Would it mean a quicker process if we waited until, say, an hour before the latest check in time?

Hi, You may not want to cut things too fine because there will be some extra traffic around the dock area due to the Isle of Wight Rock Festival which begins on that day. The NCL dock is very close to the Isle of Wight ferries terminal.

We'll be disembarking on that day and we're hoping to get off the ship early and get back to the Island before the 50,000 or so festival crowd begins to travel over:eek:.

1. I would like to purchase a romance package as a surprise for my fiance (we are getting married the day before the cruise!). From the NCL website it looks as though the only way to do this is to print off a form and fax it. Is there any other way that a UK based cruiser can book this package? It seems odd that I can email for a bar set up, but not for this!

You can call NCL reservations, they are able to add it for you. They added it on for me last year and I booked via a travel agent so it shouldn't be an issue no matter how you booked.

You can call NCL reservations, they are able to add it for you. They added it on for me last year and I booked via a travel agent so it shouldn't be an issue no matter how you booked.

And ask for an email confirmation. Print it out and bring in on-board with you;)

Archived