Hilton downtown Maimi?

EBFURR

I am pretty sure that this has been answered before BUT since the search on these boards times out :mad: , I have not been able to find it. We have not sailed from Miami in about five years, but are planning to do so this summer. I have a good number of Hilton points and I noticed that Hilton purchased the former Radisson hotel down near the port. Can anyone who has been there recently (post re-model) give a report on the hotel? Thanks for any help!

I asked the same question a couple of months ago and didn't get a response. We too, have lots of Hilton points and finally decided to stay at the Embassy Suites at the airport. We wanted something closer to the port, but couldn't get any info on the new property and the Doubletree was already booked - both points and $ rooms. After much consideration, we just opted to stay near the airport - taxis are cheap compared to most major cities, so if we decide to go to Bayside or Bubba Gump, it won't be too expensive. Besides, Embassy has that fabulous breakfast and the rooms are huge - big bonus knowing we are about to spend 7 nights in cramped quarters with 2 adults and 2 kids.

I was thinking the same thing about using HHonors points to stay at the Hilton Downtown Miami. I checked to see if there was anything special since I'm a gold member, and there wasn't, either 30,000 points or $169 + taxes.

I found a post in another thread from turtlegirl2 and I was able to book using Priceline. I booked a 3 star downtown Miami hotel (the Hilton) for $60 ($75 with taxes) on June 13.

I hope that our good bids on the Hilton are not due to the property being a dump!! :eek: I read some reviews on tripadvisor dot com but that site really bugs me. So many extremes! My DH and I really just need a place to rest that is safe, clean and not in too bad an area and we will be fine. We plan on getting to the ship as soon as we can anyhow so being closer to South Beach wasn't as important. A few years ago we stayed at Miami Beach for a conference and then took a cruise out of Miami. We got the beach view hotel room, South Beach night life and restaurants and a 4-day cruise. What a life!!! :D This year we'll just stay inland and head on over to the ship in the a.m. and get to our vacation!!

We go June 1st so if you stay at the Hilton prior to that send a review!

• 2 weeks later...

I just booked the Hilton, opted for the suite that can accomodate 6 instead of two rooms which was much more in price. I can cancel up to 24 hours in advance, I may try priceline closer to October when we sail. I liked the fact that Enterprise Rent a Car is located in the lobby and I can return the car on Sunday right at the Hotel. We plan to rent a vehicle at the Airport and drive to the hotel. :cool:

I just booked the Hilton, opted for the suite that can accomodate 6 instead of two rooms which was much more in price. I can cancel up to 24 hours in advance, I may try priceline closer to October when we sail. I liked the fact that Enterprise Rent a Car is located in the lobby and I can return the car on Sunday right at the Hotel. We plan to rent a vehicle at the Airport and drive to the hotel. :cool:

I too was going to book with Enterprise BUT was told because the office is closed on Sundays we would be charge for that day (2 day rental) also unless I want to return it to the airport..You might want to call and make sure. We too are flying in on Saturday and I wanted to drop it off on Sunday or Saturday night. I also ask what about Saturday afternoon but was told that the Hilton office closes at 12noon.

Enterprise (the 800 #) assured me that they have after hours drop off at the Valet, we basically need the vehicle just to get to the hotel so I may drop if off upon arrival to avoid paying the parking fee of $28.00. Enterprise explained that when we pick up the vehicle we can let them know when we will turn it over to the valet. I will double check, thanks for the advice.

Enterprise (the 800 #) assured me that they have after hours drop off at the Valet, we basically need the vehicle just to get to the hotel so I may drop if off upon arrival to avoid paying the parking fee of $28.00. Enterprise explained that when we pick up the vehicle we can let them know when we will turn it over to the valet. I will double check, thanks for the advice.

Let me know what they said. I would love to do it..But the person I talked too at Enterprise Rental 800# told me otherwise.

• 3 weeks later...

Just returned from a great week on the "Freedom Of The Seas" and we stayed at the Hilton Downtown, (1601 Biscayne). A short free ride on the people mover to Bayside Market place.

The hotel is OUTSTANDING. Room was very nice and the staff was great.

We had room 934 it was a corner room with a super view of the port and downtown Miami.

Got a great price on Priceline. I would stay there again.

Just returned from a great week on the "Freedom Of The Seas" and we stayed at the Hilton Downtown, (1601 Biscayne). A short free ride on the people mover to Bayside Market place.

The hotel is OUTSTANDING. Room was very nice and the staff was great.

We had room 934 it was a corner room with a super view of the port and downtown Miami.

Got a great price on Priceline. I would stay there again.

Many, many thanks jhnlcruise! We feel much better now. We are getting the room for "free", but still want it to be nice for our aniversary cruise. Thanks!!

Was glad to read the posts on Hilton as I will be staying there pre-cruise in July going out on the Liberty of the Seas. Good information about the people mover also as I wondered what I would do there after getting to the hotel. Thanks :)

Was told the cost of Taxi's was high and expect to pay $35-45 for ride to hotel from airport. Does anyone have any current information about that? Also the cost by Taxi to port would be expensive as well. Any current information would be appreciated.

Was glad to read the posts on Hilton as I will be staying there pre-cruise in July going out on the Liberty of the Seas. Good information about the people mover also as I wondered what I would do there after getting to the hotel. Thanks :)

Was told the cost of Taxi's was high and expect to pay $35-45 for ride to hotel from airport. Does anyone have any current information about that? Also the cost by Taxi to port would be expensive as well. Any current information would be appreciated.

Take Super Shuttel from MIA airport to hotel about $18.00.

From the hotel to the port it was about $12.00 with tip.

I also belive there is a set rate from MIA airport to the port of $28.00..It is posted in the taxis. I might be off a buck or two on this. But it is a set rate.

Archived