Newbie Has A Few Questions!

Hello everyone! My boyfriend and I will be taking our first cruise in June. Neither of us have any idea about cruising, the ships, or the land excursions, so I am trying to gather as much information as possible before hand to make this a great vacation. I have looked over the boards several times and have probably missed the few questions I have, but if anyone could give me any information that would be great!

What are the top things to do in St. John? Also is taking a taxi or renting a car a better option to get from one attraction to the next? Is there a car rental place close to where the ship docks or are taxis available at the port?

Thank you!

Hello everyone! My boyfriend and I will be taking our first cruise in June. Neither of us have any idea about cruising, the ships, or the land excursions, so I am trying to gather as much information as possible before hand to make this a great vacation. I have looked over the boards several times and have probably missed the few questions I have, but if anyone could give me any information that would be great!

What are the top things to do in St. John? Also is taking a taxi or renting a car a better option to get from one attraction to the next? Is there a car rental place close to where the ship docks or are taxis available at the port?

Thank you!

The top things are the historic area where the cruise ship docks, including the Old City Market. Taxis are readily available. Car rentals would be for taking an excursion to St. Martin's to walk ocean floor/kayak/sea caves ...

If you do rent, car rental agencies are very handy. A good attraction for young people is the jet boat thrill ride through the reversing falls.

Check out the FAQ Saint John, NB thread - it maybe a 2-3 pages in somewheres.

There are a few people from Saint John that check here often and we can answer any questions you have about this city.

Thank you for the information. Having never cruised I'm concerned about going off on our own and god forbid not making it back on time, but at the same time I would love to explore some things that are not offered in the excursions. Thanks again!

Thank you for the information. Having never cruised I'm concerned about going off on our own and god forbid not making it back on time, but at the same time I would love to explore some things that are not offered in the excursions. Thanks again!

What cruise line, ship, and itinerary are you booked on?

We're on the Carnival Victory and will be arriving in Saint John on June 25th.

1 New York, NY 5:00pm

2 Fun Day At Sea

3 Saint John, NB, Canada 8:00am 4:00pm

4 Halifax, NS, Canada 9:00am 6:00pm

5 Fun Day At Sea

6 New York, NY 8:00am

So you will be in Saint John NB from 8:00 AM - 4 PM? This may help with any posters' suggestions. I have not been to Saint John, but have been to Halifax twice, so could help you out with questions about Halifax, which is very easy to get around on your own.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived