Need open bar info

seag8s

We will be cruising on the Miracle next week. We are part of a group that has an "open bar program". I know that the price limit on drinks is $7.50 and that we can't get drinks in souvenir glasses. Can anyone tell me if there is anything else I need to know? How does ordering wine at dinner work?Any wine that is $7.50 a glass or less? How about Champagne?

I would appreciate input from anyone who has used this program.

Thank you.

I believe I recently read that the wine offered is of their choosing, you get to choose red or white.

Found this on another thread -

Beers are included in the Unlimited Drink Card deal.

This came from Cruise Critic Member Neverpar

This is what was sent to us for the "bar card" for our group

Open Bar and Wine Program includes open bar and wine at all bars (bottled wine service for dinner). Inclusive of Gratuities. Open Bar and Wine Program will include all beers, malt beverages, liquors, sodas, small bottles of water, and non-alcoholic beverages priced at or below $7.50. A selection of fine wines by the glass consisting of sparkling wine, white zinfandel, white wine, and red wine will be offered at all bar locations. All bottled wines served in the main dining room with dinner will be selected at the discretion of Carnival with both red and white wines being offered each night. Open Bar and Wine Program is exclusive of drinks over the price of $7.50; any wine by the glass other than those offered in the program; souvenir glass drinks; bottle sales of liquor, wine and/or champagne; large bottles of natural spring water; in-cabin mini bars and/or any other in-cabin beverage program; beverages or drinks ordered through room service; cigars; cookbooks and/or bar books; coffee and/or food items from the Coffee Shop Café; and any retail purchases or service charges.

We will be cruising on the Miracle next week. We are part of a group that has an "open bar program". I know that the price limit on drinks is $7.50 and that we can't get drinks in souvenir glasses. Can anyone tell me if there is anything else I need to know? How does ordering wine at dinner work?Any wine that is $7.50 a glass or less? How about Champagne?

I would appreciate input from anyone who has used this program.

Thank you.

We had it on our group cruise last year. Make friends with bartenders!!! ;)A few good tips here and there will improve the quality of the booze that goes in your glass.

You can have the drink of the day, but not in the souvenir glass. You can buy the first one, then have it refilled with the open bar card. You can order wine at your table in the dining room. Champagne too, so long as it fits in the price range.

How it works is you will receive a separate card from your SS card. show it to the bartender/waiter when you order. They will let you know if what you are ordering fits the program. You can only order one drink at a time (no buckets of beer). Now there were times I went to the bar to get drinks for my GF and I at the same time and it was OK to do this as long as you bring the other persons card.

After a few days they will get to know you and your group (see above;)) You will also develop "friends". Funny how that happens! People will ask you about that card the whole trip. We felt like VIP's!!

Let me know if you have anymore questions. I hope you have a great cruise! the miracle is a great ship, and the open bar card is a great thing to have!! you will see:D

Do all Carnival ships offer this or just the Miracle?

Thanks

All ships but you have to find a Travel Agency that has a group with this deal.

A. 30 GUEST is the Minimum.

B. Everyone has to participate period, even if you have 57 in that group.

C. Everyone will be issued a Drink Card so they can order Unlimited drinks.

D. It will cost 45.00 per person per day.

E. It will only be for drinks costing 7.50 and lower, As per another CC Member you can not go over that price or pay the difference.

This info comes from the Group Events Planning Department.

Fred

Another important thing to note is that there are no tips added on for the open bar cards as there are with the normal sign and sail receipts. So please remember to tip the wait staff occationally. They lose a LOT of their tip wages when groups have this priviledge.

Archived