Ketchikan: store opening times?

Bill S

We are trying to plan our day in Ketchikan (Wednesday, May 21) and want do some shopping and a possibility of a private tour but our ship will arrive at 7am and leave at 1pm. The tour will be 3 hours long and may start at 9:30.

Does anyone know if the shops/stores in Ketchikan will be open by 8 or 8:30am?

I was hoping someone would jump in here with a response. We have the same question about the same hours and situation. We are interested in seeing Creek Street and Dolly's Museum but I am having little luck searching the websites for Ketchikan for hours.

I did find on Virtual Tourist (http://www.virtualtourist.com/) from 2006 that tours at Dolly's Museum were from 10am to 10 pm and cost $5. Kind of dated info! :)

Eremita

I am sure that the shops in Ketchikan will open much earlier than 10 am but not before 8 am. If I remember correctly, shops didn't open in Skagway until after 8 am because we got off the ship a little after 7 am and found everything but a coffee shop closed. I would imagine that most of the ports open shops at or near the same time. We weren't in Ketchikan early so I don't know when they open there.

Some of the shops in Ketchikan will be open by 7:30 and others by 8 but lots will still be closed. I think that 9 am is the most common hour for them to all be open. We had gotten off the ship at 7:30 last Aug and did a bit of shopping and caught our flight plane excursion at 8:30. Fortunately we were able to do a bit more shopping between 11:45 and 12:30 when we were required to be back on board before our 1pm departure. We didn't walk to Creek Street early that morning so I can't comment on those shops at all. Have fun, we loved Ketchikan, even if it was raining:)

Archived