What's with the bathrobes?????

Jiminkcmo

HAHAHA!

Good question, Jim!

I haven't even owned a bathrobe since I was around 5 - and I certainly wouldn't wear one that may or may not have been used by the people in the cabin before me! :eek:

Add that to the long line of things that amaze me about other people and cruising!

Things like....chair hogging, smuggling booze, the need to eat lobster every day, carrying their own luggage on and of the ship, lining up for ANTYHING, etc....

It's a crazy world out there, but everything is important to SOMEONE, I've found.

It's best to ignore it and walk away! HAHA!

:)

I don't quite get what you mean with this statement. Are you questioning whether the bathrobes are laundered after the end of each cruise. This question has never once entered my mind. A clean bathrobe is an absolute must, just like clean towels and washcloths when you enter your cabin. As for the washcloths and towels....well I'd rather not go there!

Thank you for alerting some folks to total comfort for a woman. Personally nothing is great about a towel wrapped around me after a shower but a bathrobe is like a hug.

4/27 on Dawn we had what RCCL calls waffle robes. No too comfortable but no 2.0 in the room as yet.

NCL calls them "waffle robes" also. In fact, we were given waffle robes in the spa on Gem. The waffle robes are much less expensive to purchase than the thick luxurious terry robes.

I was wondering about those comforters...No top sheet...Not sure if they were washed....I ask for a top sheet. I don't want to sit on a blanket/comforter/bedspread, let alone sleep with it touching me! Yuck!!!

The inside of the comforter comes out and the outer part is just two sheets sewn together. I recall reading about how the ship is turned on embarkation/disembarkation day...A complete set of freshly laundered comforters are assembled and ready to be placed on the beds while the used comforters are removed from the ship to go get laundered. This keeps things sanitary.

Balconies and above per the Freestyle 2.0 details.

Well, shoot, we had a balcony and didn't get one and didn't know to ask. I had to lug mine with me.
Not sure if 2.0 was implemented, or fully implemented, on the Dawn when you sailed her.

The inside of the comforter comes out and the outer part is just two sheets sewn together. I recall reading about how the ship is turned on embarkation/disembarkation day...A complete set of freshly laundered comforters are assembled and ready to be placed on the beds while the used comforters are removed from the ship to go get laundered. This keeps things sanitary.

Sometimes you will find a "spare" comforter in a plastic, zip bag, ready for the next cruise, lying under your bed toward the end of the cruise.

Archived