Princess shuttle Talkeetna to Lodge?

coffee39

I posted this question on Alaska board and got no reponse so thought I would try it here.

We are on a Princess cruise/tour in July. I just read that when we arrive at Talkeetna Princess offers a free shuttle to the lodge if you want to stay and explore the town. Is this information correct and how often would the shuttle run.

We would like to spend a little time in Talkeetna but still arrive at the lodge in time to do a 2 hour horse drawn wagon ride. We only have one night at Mt. McKinley lodge then it's off to Denali.

Will Princess take our carry on luggage to our room for us if we decide to stay in town for a couple of hours?

This is our first Alaska adventure so please give us your advise and suggestions.:)

I travled by bus there and my luggage went ot my room. i took the bus to Talkeena and shopped and do a nice lunch before boarding the train. we kept our hand luggage in a store that keeps it for a 1 or 2 dollars?? walked from the store to the train.

buses run about every hour for free one way RT you apy.. no idea why. the upscale restuarant was the best all week..

Archived