New Menus?

gazingm42

must agree that I too look forward to a newer menu!!It was the same on the Glory in March, though this last cruise I had fish everynight, and I am thinking aside from one night I enjoyed every choice I made..

Mel

We were on the Imagination just a few weeks ago and I noticed a few new things on the menu. Now it's not broken up as to starters, salads, etc...they've lumped it all together so a new cruiser might think they can only choose one. Also, they've added mozzarella sticks and mac & cheese. They do still have the beef wellington and sweet & sour shrimp. On the last night of our 5 days cruises they had the absolutely best braised short ribs (don't remember if they were on the old menus but they're not to be missed!). The choc. melting cake remains a choice every night but they've cut out the key lime pie on shorter cruises.

Where's the pictures....someones got to have some...lol
We cruise in june, and would love to see what we get to eat.....lol not that it really matters....i like surprises as long there is chocolate involved...haha!!:D

[quote name='kjunea']Please, just take the basil ice cream away....[/QUOTE]

Oh, Lordy! Did you try that too? Whoever invented that did so in a drug-induced flashback, I'm convinced. Terrible.

[quote name='marktac']Oh, Lordy! Did you try that too? Whoever invented that did so in a drug-induced flashback, I'm convinced. Terrible.[/QUOTE]

LOL... I have heard of garlic ice cream. But only at a garlic weekend
festival. That just sounds strange.

[quote name='gazingm42']So Fred has then been a carnival official menu dates for the ships?[/quote]

Im going to email Dino and find out if Andrew is still onboard Freedom and see if they have a final release date.

Email sent, hopefully he will forward my email to Andrew DeSosa.

Fred

[quote name='gazingm42']LOL... I have heard of garlic ice cream. But only at a garlic weekend
festival. That just sounds strange.[/quote]

I was at a work retreat at a posh inn a few weeks ago and they used fois grois in everything - including the ice cream! Yeah, I went a bit hungry that night!

[quote name='babybumblb']I was at a work retreat at a posh inn a few weeks ago and they used fois grois in everything - including the ice cream! Yeah, I went a bit hungry that night![/QUOTE]

Okay, now that is just sick..... Goose liver in Ice Cream..... There ought to be a law!! Cows all over the world (even those happy cows in California I keep seeing on the commercials) will revolt when they hear! Talk about a waste of a good dessert!

[quote name='Chigirlcruzin']It's already on the Valor! There were definitely some new things, but most of the stuff stayed the same. I had a great Indian appetizer the last night - a nutty chicken finger in a spicy sauce and salad greens on a pita. Delicious!

Georges Blanc items were still available including Bitter and Blanc. Warm Chocolate Melting Cake was also available every night.[/quote]
On our Valor cruise 2 weeks ago, I thought the menu was same George Blanc menu we have had on past cruises. The menu still had Georges' name on the bottom. Although a change would be nice, we still enjoyed the dining room and our favorites on the menu.

well we just came off the facination and to be very honest we really didn't care for many of the selections at all!! and no escargot :( not pleased with the menu....the steak was very tuff, although the prime rib was good. the lobster tails ...........well they should have called them lobster bites (2 bites to be exact) very disappointing......but now they serve them with shrimp scampi I suppose to make up for the tiney weeney lobster tails LOL:rolleyes:

I'll be on the Pride in July. How will I know if the new menus will be served on my cruise? And, don't pinch me for this, but am I the only one who thinks that "Baked Alaska" is so yesterday. They always try to force that on you the night it is served, and it just isn't my cup of tea. Besides, years ago it used to be a big deal when they would turn down the lights and march in with the flaming baked Alaska's, but of course they don't do that anymore.

[quote name='funat55']I'll be on the Pride in July. How will I know if the new menus will be served on my cruise? And, don't pinch me for this, but am I the only one who thinks that "Baked Alaska" is so yesterday. They always try to force that on you the night it is served, and it just isn't my cup of tea. Besides, years ago it used to be a big deal when they would turn down the lights and march in with the flaming baked Alaska's, but of course they don't do that anymore.[/QUOTE]

No one has ever tried to "force" the Baked Alaska on us - they simply take our dessert order like any other night. I personally find the Baked Alaska nasty, but I know that many, many people enjoy it and look forward to it, so I hope they leave it on the menu.

We will be on the Ecstasy in December, and will be taking my parents on their first cruise. My mom likes to try new things, but my dad likes it pretty basic when it comes to food. I would love to be able to show them the menu's. Anyone have them or have an idea when they might start poping up?

[quote name='HUNNY BUN']Oh, how sad!!:( It's a tradition for me to have my escargot on a cruise. We'll be on the Valor in 2 weeks, and I sure hope they have a few snails laying around that they can fix for me!![/quote]

lol, take some aboard with you, and first night send them to the kitchen to get DRESSED..lol

[quote name='pe4all']I love coconut shrimp, and it definitely was not on the menu, or I would have ordered it. (maybe 2 portions of it!!) We ate in the dining room every night, so we didn't "miss" it. They have now added ribs to the "Carnival Classics", so you could order them every night, if you wish. They were pretty tasty.[/quote]

[SIZE=4][COLOR=purple]Glad to hear the ribs can be ordered every night! My DH loved, loved, loved them on the Fantasy in Sept! And we are from Kansas City so we know good BBQ ribs. [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='funat55']And, don't pinch me for this, but am I the only one who thinks that "Baked Alaska" is so yesterday. They always try to force that on you the night it is served, and it just isn't my cup of tea. Besides, years ago it used to be a big deal when they would turn down the lights and march in with the flaming baked Alaska's, but of course they don't do that anymore.[/quote]

I remember the first time that I tried Baked Alaska. It was on my very first cruise on the Carnival Fantasy, back in 1990 (? - I think that is what's on my siggy). It was so much fun to watch them parade around the dining room and dance with this flamed dessert. And, then, I put a spoonful in my mouth and . . . YUCK!!! I've tried it a couple of times since then and I still think it is gross. I just don't care for that burned alcohol taste that is part of the Baked Alaska. If I want a dessert with something burned on it, I prefer a creme brulee with the caramelized burnt topping.

But . . . to each his own . . . ;)

[quote name='Rowan555']No one has ever tried to "force" the Baked Alaska on us - they simply take our dessert order like any other night. I personally find the Baked Alaska nasty, but I know that many, many people enjoy it and look forward to it, so I hope they leave it on the menu.[/quote]

I have never been forced but it seems to be a huge deal to have the Baked Alaska. I do not get it or even like the dessert. If they still did the flame at the table it would be interesting but I have not seen that done in 16 years, grant it we did take a sabatical from cruising for 10 years. lol

I am on the Senation (Fantasy Class) this weekend. I will see if they have any new menus and I will take pictures if they do have anything new.

We will be on the Pride in November. If it has been changed I would love to see a new menu for them and also for their (David's) Supper Club.

Archived