A beach to just chill

DonnaLill

:confused:

This will be my first visit to Cozumel. We are docked from 7am to 6pm. I was planning on a morning snorkel at Dzul Ha, then catch a taxi to go to a quiet relaxing beach to chill. Any ideas? We like to drink, but are not looking for a party atmosphere. Do the taxi's take you to the farther out of way places? Thanks for your help!

Donna

The taxi will be only too happy to take you where ever you want to go. Just make sure you agree on the price before you get in the taxi. The really quite, out of the way beaches are on the other side of the island.

It would help you to know some more about the beaches and their associated clubs, so check out the Beaches page on cozumelinsider.com.

I was in Cozumel last August and went to Mr Sancho's. Beautiful beach, no entry charge, chair rental, changing rooms, bathrooms. They also had a bar and a small restaurant. I don't remember exactly how much a taxi ride was, but I do remember that it was reasonable. As for a party atmosphere, I was there reasonably early in the day, but it was very quiet when I was there. I'd definitely recommend it for chilling out.

To any of the east coast beaches, including Playa Oriente, expect to pay over $20 each way for your taxi. You should have no trouble getting a cab from Dzul Ha, they can call for one should you have to wait a bit. Personally I would choose one of the closer beaches, Paradise being my favorite. Since you are coming so soon, it will still be low season and shouldn't be crowded. If you are set on the east coast, arrange with the taxi that delivers you to come back at a pre-arranged time to pick you up. There are no taxis hanging out over there.

Enjoy!

Hi Sally! I am trying to figure out whether to choose Paradise Beach or Nachi Cocom. Which one is quieter? better lounges? better chaises, better beachfront, better bathrooms and how much is a taxi to each one? I really appreciate your reply.

Thanks for your help. So much to do and see in a day. I would love to rent a scooter and tool around, but that really limits our drinking agenda. Can you recommend a nice beach on the west that is laid back, not looking to hear a ton of kids screaming. More adult oriented. I have read a hundred positive comments on Paradise Beach, but am worried there will be a bunch of noisy kids there.

Donna

:confused:

This will be my first visit to Cozumel. We are docked from 7am to 6pm. I was planning on a morning snorkel at Dzul Ha, then catch a taxi to go to a quiet relaxing beach to chill. Any ideas? We like to drink, but are not looking for a party atmosphere. Do the taxi's take you to the farther out of way places? Thanks for your help!

Donna

We went to Cozumel last year and rented a jeep. Did not cost alot. Ther were all kinds of out of the way beaches, with washrooms. Brought our own snorkel gear and drinks. Spent all day it way great.

DonnaLill: Because of the time of year you are going (quiet) and because Paradise Beach is so large, I still favor it. However, some alternatives are Nachi Cocom and Palacar, with cab fares of $14-15 and $17-20 each way for up to four passengers. Absolutely nix the scooter! They are way too dangerous and one small slide, which is easy to do, will ruin your whole vacation!

Babylene: Nachi Cocom will be quieter, but PB has better lounges, beachfront, bathrooms, amenities, service and food. That's the reason NC is quieter. Taxi to PB is $12-13, to NC it's $14-15.

Hope that helps and enjoy Cozumel!

We will be in Cozumel on Nov. 27 and will be one of 6 ships in port. Under these circumstances which beach would you suggest? We would be looking for a relatively quiet place with a nice beach where you could go into the water. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Debbie

Even six is not a huge number of ships here in Cozumel, but it is alot. When it gets to eight, it gets pretty jammed. I would do this. Start at Paradise and if it looks too crowded, continue on to Nachi Cocom, Mr Sancho's or Palancar. Paradise is the first of the series of beaches, so it makes sense to stop there.

Enjoy!

We will be in Cozumel on Nov. 27 and will be one of 6 ships in port. Under these circumstances which beach would you suggest? We would be looking for a relatively quiet place with a nice beach where you could go into the water. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Debbie

ruffsmom....how did you find out how many ships will be in port that far out. I have been trying to find out how many ships are in port on the day we are in Coz (12/7) for weeks and can't find out. Thanks

Archived