Dress code for breakfast/lunch, and...erm...stinky bathrooms!

elsieflat

Hello

First timer here, sailing away on May 18 2008 (11 days....WOOHOO!!).

I have read lots of messages regarding dress code for dinner, but what about breakfast and lunch (in the dining room)? If I understand Carnival's info correctly, we cannot wear gym shorts, basketball shorts, swimwear, flipflops, etc, at any meal in the dining room, but are regular shorts/tops ok for breakfast and lunch?

Also, I see loads of useful info around for tips on what to take (if I was to take everything suggested, I would have to pack my few (!) clothes in my carry-on, because everything else would fill my suitcase - :eek: ). Well, what's this about needing Lysol for stinky bathrooms - are you saying that there is no exhaust fans in the bathrooms????:o Or they just don't work well?? :rolleyes:

Thanks for all the useful tips.

LC

Oh....my subject line appears to be asking about dress code for stinky bathrooms....hehehe! Of course I didn't mean that

Regular shorts and tops are ok for breakfast and lunch. Just no bathing suits or cover-ups.

Never had a stinky bathroom. They are well cleaned and the exhaust system will suck a small child out if they get too close! :)

We were on the Carnival Legend. I read all the tips for packing and decided that I was getting carried away. I decided to keep it simole. The only things we had to have was a pad of post-its and a highlighter, and a beach bag for carrying towels and sunscreen. The bathroom wasn't stinky, there were plenty of shelves for our stuff (4 people) and 2 hooks on the back of the door. We took turns recharging our Palm Pilots so we didn't need a power strip. The hairdryer was fine, not that powerful but not worth bringing our own. We didn't bring any alcohol or any other drinks on board.

We survived and only had 3 large suitcases, a garment bag with DH's suit and our fancy dresses, and one carry on.

We were on the Carnival Legend. I read all the tips for packing and decided that I was getting carried away. I decided to keep it simole. The only things we had to have was a pad of post-its and a highlighter, and a beach bag for carrying towels and sunscreen. The bathroom wasn't stinky, there were plenty of shelves for our stuff (4 people) and 2 hooks on the back of the door. We took turns recharging our Palm Pilots so we didn't need a power strip. The hairdryer was fine, not that powerful but not worth bringing our own. We didn't bring any alcohol or any other drinks on board.

We survived and only had 3 large suitcases, a garment bag with DH's suit and our fancy dresses, and one carry on.

I have made myself a promise to do the same thing and not take, or allow to be taken, everything and the kitchen sink.:p Even though we are not flying, and the numer of pieces of luggage is not an issue, I am limiting the four of us to one suitcase each and one carry-on bag (backpack or tote) each. I would try to make it just one small carry-on suitcase for the four of us, but we have kids (13 & 8) and they have to have their games and stuff for the cabin. I tried to tell them they won't have time for video games but they just laugh and roll their eyes :rolleyes:, like I am crazy. As long as they tote it, they can take it.

I also meant to say that we did not smuggle any alcohol or pack cans of pop or bottles of water. My teens don't really drink that much pop so we didn't get a soda card. They bought one soda each the whole week and were perfectly happy to get lemonade or ice water at the Lido deck or order a smoothie type drink. We had wine each night with dinner and a drink or two while out on deck on sea days. In the evenings we usually had one or two drinks after dinner.

There is no dress code anymore.....not that the one before was enforced. Basically anything goes.

I'm pretty sure that you still can't wear bathing suits or cover-ups into the dining room even for breakfast and lunch and definitely not for dinner.

I have made myself a promise to do the same thing and not take, or allow to be taken, everything and the kitchen sink.:p Even though we are not flying, and the numer of pieces of luggage is not an issue, I am limiting the four of us to one suitcase each and one carry-on bag (backpack or tote) each. I would try to make it just one small carry-on suitcase for the four of us, but we have kids (13 & 8) and they have to have their games and stuff for the cabin. I tried to tell them they won't have time for video games but they just laugh and roll their eyes :rolleyes:, like I am crazy. As long as they tote it, they can take it.

When we went on the Glory. Camp Carnval had both Playstation 2 and Wii for the Kids to play, along with the Video Arcarde. My son never missed his PSP. Now to figure out how to leave home the extra shorts, shirts, slacks & dresses that we have to bring and never wear. Well at least we use the closet space provided to us.

When we went on the Glory. Camp Carnval had both Playstation 2 and Wii for the Kids to play, along with the Video Arcarde. My son never missed his PSP. Now to figure out how to leave home the extra shorts, shirts, slacks & dresses that we have to bring and never wear. Well at least we use the closet space provided to us.

When they went on their first cruise my DS didn't miss his games. I guess now that he is a teen he thinks he needs to have his own. DD8, just wants to take her Barbies and Webkinz. I told her she was not getting online on the ship to play Webkinz. Can you imagine the cost for that:eek: ?

Hello

I have read lots of messages regarding dress code for dinner, but what about breakfast and lunch (in the dining room)? If I understand Carnival's info correctly, we cannot wear gym shorts, basketball shorts, swimwear, flipflops, etc, at any meal in the dining room, but are regular shorts/tops ok for breakfast and lunch?

Also, I see loads of useful info around for tips on what to take (if I was to take everything suggested, I would have to pack my few (!) clothes in my carry-on, because everything else would fill my suitcase - :eek: ). Well, what's this about needing Lysol for stinky bathrooms - are you saying that there is no exhaust fans in the bathrooms????:o Or they just don't work well?? :rolleyes:

Thanks for all the useful tips.

LC

Oh....my subject line appears to be asking about dress code for stinky bathrooms....hehehe! Of course I didn't mean that

I found a travel size Ozium which I brought for the bathroom and am glad I did!;) For some reason our bathroom had a smell to it anyway...so it came in handy. Look in the car care section of the stores...WalMart, etc...they have small sized air fresheners.

On our first cruise with my daughter she insisted on taking her Gameboy. It never left the suitcase. Kids:rolleyes:

You can wear flip flops to the dining room for breakfast and lunch.

That's good to know, thanks. I really couldn't imagine having to go back to my cabin at lunch time on sea days, just to change my footwear.

Thanks for all other responses also :)

Hello

It's no fun to give us a perfectly good straight line and then take it back before we can use it. [they don't have an emoticon for crying, do they?]

Archived