the most obc you've ever gotten?

What's the most on-board-credit you've ever gotten? I see threads all the time about how much people have saved, cheapest they've ever gotten a cabin for etc.. what about on-board-credit, what's the most you've ever received? On our upcoming June cruise, we booked 4 cabins. We got a $50 price drop per person (2 people) on our 4e for my kids, which was $100.00.

Then, a few months later, the past guest discount came open for my dd on the same cabin and that saved us another $140.00 per person, so for both of them that was $280.00. $380.00 so far. Then, there was a price drop on the 1A cabin we booked for my so's dd for $50pp, so that is another $100.00, bringing up the total to $480.00. Well, last night, we saw a price drop on the same 2 cabins the inside was $30 per person, for a total of $60.00. That brought our total up to $540.00. The 1A cabin was another $50.00 per person, so that is another $100.00 added to our grand total of $540.00 making it $640.00. We had a 45 day letter with $50.00 obc on it, we called it in today, and that upped the grand total saved to $690.00. We will also receive an obc for the fuel supplement refund, which 3 of our cabins is eligible for, so that's another $210.00, which will make our grand total saved for this cruise:eek: $ 900.00! :D :D With the rates we now have, that's like having someone cruise for free.:D We did go ahead and pre-pay our gratuities with some of it, but we'll still have $620.00:D I can't believe it! That's the most we've ever gotten back! So, what about you guys? What's the most on-board credit you've ever gotten?

Hi Bubbles, and congrats on saving so much $$. Some of that great savings was prior to your final payment, right? How much will your actual OBC amount to?

The most OBC I've rec'd was $220 for a five night cruise. I'm a solo cruiser, so I thought that was great. I also got a $180 OBC on another cruise, and $96 on another.:)

I got a whole whopping $10pp for my upcoming Fantasy cruise. Thanks Uncle New Guy. :rolleyes:

Hey Cotton. Wish you could join us in Nola this weekend. :D One of these days, we are finally going to get to meet you.

What's the most on-board-credit you've ever gotten? I see threads all the time about how much people have saved, cheapest they've ever gotten a cabin for etc.. what about on-board-credit, what's the most you've ever received? On our upcoming June cruise, we booked 4 cabins. We got a $50 price drop per person (2 people) on our 4e for my kids, which was $100.00.

Then, a few months later, the past guest discount came open for my dd on the same cabin and that saved us another $140.00 per person, so for both of them that was $280.00. $380.00 so far. Then, there was a price drop on the 1A cabin we booked for my so's dd for $50pp, so that is another $100.00, bringing up the total to $480.00. Well, last night, we saw a price drop on the same 2 cabins the inside was $30 per person, for a total of $60.00. That brought our total up to $540.00. The 1A cabin was another $50.00 per person, so that is another $100.00 added to our grand total of $540.00 making it $640.00. We had a 45 day letter with $50.00 obc on it, we called it in today, and that upped the grand total saved to $690.00. We will also receive an obc for the fuel supplement refund, which 3 of our cabins is eligible for, so that's another $210.00, which will make our grand total saved for this cruise:eek: $ 900.00! :D :D With the rates we now have, that's like having someone cruise for free.:D We did go ahead and pre-pay our gratuities with some of it, but we'll still have $620.00:D I can't believe it! That's the most we've ever gotten back! So, what about you guys? What's the most on-board credit you've ever gotten?

You might want to make certian you are still getting the fuel refund back. I've read on here, if you get a price change, it's considered a new booking and the date you booked changes to the date you got the price adjustment. That could make you not eligible for the fuel credit refund. Sounds like you'll have enough money without it.

As of right now, $200.00 on our cruise in September, but I would have rather used the 2 category upgrade but the PVP that no, we had to go with the OBC as it was for Past Guests. She really screwed us over. Should have gone with the TA right away.

Hi Bubbles, and congrats on saving so much $$. Some of that great savings was prior to your final payment, right? How much will your actual OBC amount to?

The most OBC I've rec'd was $220 for a five night cruise. I'm a solo cruiser, so I thought that was great. I also got a $180 OBC on another cruise, and $96 on another.:)

No, it was all after final payment, we booked in November and paid them off in December..........all but dd's cabin, hers was booked & paid off in January. That's the only cabin we're not getting the supplement back for. We saw the 1st price drop on that cabin in March, and then another later that week which they gave us the past guest discount, and the last price drop yesterday. The cabin booked for my so's dd (the 1A) was paid off in December as well, and we got the 1st price drop on it in January, and the 2nd yesterday. As of right now, we have $360.00 showing online, plus the $50.00 for the 45 day letter (we won't see that on-line, but will get a notice about it in our cabin) which brings it up to $410.00, we took some of the credit and pre-paid the gratuities for 4 people, so that's $280.00 more making the grand total $690.00. So, $280.00 in pre-paid tips, and $410.00 on board credit. The fuel supplement refund isn't showing yet, but we have received a letter via snail mail saying we would get it as an obc, so that total will be $210.00. ($70.00 for each of the 3 cabins) Add that $210.00 and that gives you.................

On-board-credit- $620.00

Pre-paid tips - $280.00

Total savings- $900.00

You might want to make certian you are still getting the fuel refund back. I've read on here, if you get a price change, it's considered a new booking and the date you booked changes to the date you got the price adjustment. That could make you not eligible for the fuel credit refund. Sounds like you'll have enough money without it.

We've already received 3 letters in the mail stating that we would be receiving the on-board-credit for the fuel supplements. We had already paid off the cruises when we got the credit. Nothing was re-booked.

That's great you're getting all that OBC! Confused about SO's DD's 1a cabin though - is she by herself? Is so, how are you getting $100 OBC for a price drop of $50 pp + $70 for the fuel charge?

No, there are 2 in the cabin, the price drop was for $50.00 per person making it a total of $100.00 for the cabin, and a $35 per person fuel supplement, for 2 people making it a total of $70.00. (fuel supp. was $5 per person per day for a 7 day cruise, that's $35 per person).

No, there are 2 in the cabin, the price drop was for $50.00 per person making it a total of $100.00 for the cabin, and a $35 per person fuel supplement, for 2 people making it a total of $70.00. (fuel supp. was $5 per person per day for a 7 day cruise, that's $35 per person).

Sorry...I was just confused. Have a great trip!

We are getting $340 for a price drop on our suite for the Glory this June, plus the $70 for the fuel surcharge and $100 for a sail-into-the-future certificate we had. That is a total of $500 and we were happy with that. Then we also had the 45 day letter, but no OBC for that.

Have a great cruise and I know we will!

We are getting $340 for a price drop on our suite for the Glory this June, plus the $70 for the fuel surcharge and $100 for a sail-into-the-future certificate we had. That is a total of $500 and we were happy with that. Then we also had the 45 day letter, but no OBC for that.

Have a great cruise and I know we will!

Thanks! We definitely plan on it!:D

$400 total - It was $200 pp. Our ships hull door got ripped off when we left port and our ship started taking on water, it was rushing up the stairs while we were sitting in the dinning room at dinner- the crew were in a panic and the ship turned suddenly- we all wondered what happened??? Well we ended up having to turn around and go back to the port we just left for the remainder of the cruise and missed the rest of the ports due to this accident.

Hi Bubbles!

We don't come close to your OBC's (yet):( The one OBC we will always have is a $100 OBC for being a Carnival Corp. stockholder.:(

We are going on the Glory in Sept. on a b-2-b for 7 days each. We get a $100 OBC on each of the two cruises. The benefits of being a stockholder!;)

Enjoy your cruise!

Lee

Archived