Are Beaches At Hotels Private Or Public

leno

Just wondering if we can take a taxi to one of the hotels and use the beach in Cancun. Has anyone done so? I'm pretty sure we did this years ago while on a cruise. I think we may have gone to the Sheraton. Just don't remember if we had to pay or if they are all public. I don't know where to find out this info.

Yes, the beaches ARE public. The hotels may want you to believe they're not, but they are. WE just got back on Oct.2 from a NCL Sea cruise. We took a taxi to the Flamingo Mall and walked right across to the Flamingo hotel. The guard stoped us and asked us where we were going, and we replied that we wanted to use the beach facilities. He took us to the registration area and they said, "o.k., but you can ONLY use the beach, not the pool area". I told them whether we could use the restaurants as well, and they agreed. It was no hassle at all. We had a wonderful meal at their restaurant and then went to the beach. The beach was GORGEOUS, with some palapas and NOT crowded at all. We actually rented some boogie-boards for $3/person and had a blast. I highly recommend this beach.

Archived