beaches w/wave runner rentals for my teenagers

jozie

http://www.bermuda.com/beacheswatersports/jetskis/

This might help you out. I don't think you just go to a particular beach and rent them like in other ports. In Costa May, there was a bar, massage area, jet ski rental, bar, massage area, jet ski rental...... They were "independently" owned. I think in Bermuda, you go through the companies.

I've been told that there is no "independent" jet-skiing available in Bermuda. It is possible to jet-ski, but you have to go out with the guide and be led around. Probably not what teenage boys had in mind. Bermuda is more sedate than the typical Caribbean port in some ways. Don't worry though, my teenagers all love it and most of them are hardly sedate types. Just the novelty of cruising around to the various beaches on their scooters amuses the heck out of mine.

Thanks for your answers. I am a little disappointed re: having to go out with a guide. I definitely was NOT planning on renting scooters. Don't know if I can trust 4 absent minded boys to stay on the right side of the street!!!

Thanks for your answers. I am a little disappointed re: having to go out with a guide. I definitely was NOT planning on renting scooters. Don't know if I can trust 4 absent minded boys to stay on the right side of the street!!!

Bermuda is surrounded by reefs. That is why you need a guide.

• 4 weeks later...

We went out with a guide on jet skis in St George and trust me it was still a lot of fun. We rented the 2 man jet skis for $130 an hour. Our guide made sure that we were having fun that whole hour. I don't think the teenagers would be bored with having a guide at all.

As was mentioned, there are many shallow reefs around Bermuda. It would be extremely dangerous for jet ski operators to run around on their own, if they are not familiar with the waters and reef locations.. Going with a guide will ensure a great time. They will take them to areas where they can open up the throttle and have a fun yet safe time.

Eric

Thank you for your responses. I definitely understand why the guide is important. I will be going w/a guide. I am going to look to see what the cost is booking it through the ship.

One year I won a jet-ski ride for 2 in our company raffle and took my DS with me. We went as a group of 6 with a guide. It was excellent. We went a LONG way, and some of us had to struggle to catch up with the guide, but it was fun still - and FAST.

It was from Snorkel Park (where the company had the picnic. The jet skis came from somewhere in Dockyard) and we went as far as to Ely's Harbour! I was surprised they took us that far.

Your teen boys will enjoy this!!

I booked today with KS Watersports in St. George. We are taking a tour the day our ship docks. I will let you know in July how it was! I figued it can't be any more convenient - she said you can see it from the ship.

• 3 weeks later...

Been to Bermuda 4x and never saw jet skiing. I didnt think it existed on such a quiet (sedate as someone else put it,lol) island.

We're docking in Kings Wharf (again), and most likely will be going to Snorkel park since we're with my senior parents and it is convenient for half a day on a beach (we have all already been to Horseshoe bay numerous times).

Does anyone have more detail on the jet skiing offerred at (off of) Snorkelpark? Rates, groups or not...any info would be appreciated. Do you need to have a license or cana 16yo with parental consent ride (with or without parent?)

Again,. any info would be great

Archived