Ruby Princess Interior Cabins

fruitygirl

Hi,

Can anyone advise as to the best possible queen bed interior cabins on the Ruby Princess? Shall be travelling in June next year (mediterranean) and would like to know whether anyone knows of any cabins which are larger that most. Thanks:

As you probably know, the Ruby has not been launched yet, but her design is similar to the Crown and the Emerald.

In general terms all interior cabins are the same except for the Handicapped cabins, which are designed for the purpose.

For such a port intensive cruise you will most likely spend very little time in your cabin. We had a balcony cabin on Celebrity that was 170 sq. feet for 12 days & we were fine. Can't remember really using the balcony, but my husband is a little claustrophbic & an inside would just not go over well...LOL. I think all insides are the same size & I have heard that leaving the beds as twins gives you more room to move about, but I would rather snuggle:D . Have fun, the Med. is still my all time favorite & we used Italycarservice.com as private shore excursions & they were great.

Jan

Thanks. We did look at the balcony as well but aside from the fact it was sooo much more expensive, we thought we could put the money saved on the cabin to better use ... buying the grog! We thought the same thing about the time spent in the room. 10 ports in 12 days is going to be intensive with little time to spend in the cabin. Cheers and thanks for proving my decision right. Mediterranean ... here we come.

agree with what others have said that most inside rooms are the same size. We have sailed in them and it has been fine, but we did leave the beds set up as twins since it made the room feel a bit bigger. Inside cabins are great for folks who pretty much just use them to sleep and shower. Not so great to just "hang out" in.

We always get an inside cabin. We are only in our room to shower, sleep and :rolleyes: . We like our cabin on the same deck as the pool. In the case of the Ruby, I believe it would be the Lido deck, which is the same on the Emerald and the Crown. The Lido deck has quick access to the pool, the Horizon Court, Cafe Caribe, and MUTS. Although, your itinerary is so port intensive, you might want a cabin a little further below. Sometimes the elevator wait can be quite long, especially if you cannot use the stairs.

Check these cabins on the Riviera deck :R508, R514, R515, R507, R403 and R407. Looks like they are larger than avg inside

Indeed they are. I've sailed in both R403 and R407 on the CB. See my September '07 cruise journal (link in signature) for a complete description. R407 (which I just had now on the 3 nighter) did NOT have a slight machinery noise at night.

Archived