?? about tides and car rentals..

Okay, so we're in Saint John on June 21. According to the tide table, low tide is at 8:26am (at reversing falls). Our ship doesn't come into port until 9am. I was told my someone here that it's about 1 hr drive to Saint Martin. So, crunching the times, it seems like til I drive there, it will be at least 10:30am...and the tide will be coming back in. Does that mean that my plans to walk the ocean floor are all washed up? Where do I find the low tide times particular to Saint Martin? Or are all locations fairly close in time?

Also, looking at Avis and Enterprise for renting a car. But we are there on a Saturday, and Avis is only open until 2pm and Enterprise until noon. Might they have extended hours during cruise season?

There would be no significant difference in tide schedule from reversing falls to St. Martin's. This is a toughy - when it reaches low tide, there is a couple hours where it is more low than high - but you would be fighting against time and your ocean floor will be disappearing fast.

As for car rental the hours are the same in the summer - they do however provide drop boxes for the keys should you arrive back after hours.

The ocean floor disappears fast. It is all too easy to get trapped. Be careful! In that area people all seem to have a tide table in their pocket all the time. I rented a cottage and stayed along Fundy for about a week. We were careful in our walks especially in the National Park areas where there were a lot of signs warning of danger.

Well......I guess I'll just look on the bright side and enjoy watching the tide come in. And enjoying all sights. And I'll be able to say that I finally went to the Bay of Fundy. Just the thought is exciting (I'm such a nature geek!)

Well......I guess I'll just look on the bright side and enjoy watching the tide come in. And enjoying all sights. And I'll be able to say that I finally went to the Bay of Fundy. Just the thought is exciting (I'm such a nature geek!)

Kris, I understand. I am a nature geek as well. I've made 3 separate visits to the Bay of Fundy, one time renting a cottage on the shore. Print out a tide table and have it with you.

Archived