Aqua Hotels

kiberkid

If you choose to book online with this (and probably any hotel) make sure you take your documentation with you.

I booked 2 rooms for September. One in our name & one in my parents name. When I booked I found out that their policy is to pay 1 night up front for each room & their cancellation policy is that to get a refund you must cancel more than 3 days prior to check in. This was not a problem & I felt it was a fair policy.

I ended up having to cancel the reservations. For some reason I could not cancel them online, even though they "have that option"..so I called the reservation phone number. They stated that in fact I did have 2 rooms booked but I had not put a deposit on either room. They could cancel the rooms but not give back my 2 deposits as they were not showing on the rooms. They cancelled both rooms & gave me cancellation numbers as well as the hotel confirmation numbers (which was different then what I already had). I then called the hotel for my refunds. The hotel saw that I still had 2 rooms booked so they cancelled both and gave me 2 more cancellation numbers & 2 more different hotel confirmation numbers...but there was only 1 deposit on the 2 rooms so that is all he could reimburse me. I now had several confirmation numbers and several cancellations numbers and only 1 refund. I wrote (snail mail) the corporate head office for Aqua resorts. In less than a week I had a response from them. They saw that I in fact had 6 rooms booked, had cancelled 5 of them but had only made 1 deposit for which I had been reimbursed. After a couple of e-mails back & forth and forwarding them a copy of my credit card statement proving I had made 2 deposits.... everything was straighted out & I had my 2nd refund...and all they rooms that I has supposedly booked were cancelled......

My point to this "book" is to make sure you take all your documentation with you. If we had used the reservations & I had not provided a copy of my credit card statement, they would charged me for the 2nd room again and would have had to wait until we got home to get things straightend out.

In the end, I was happy with their service, but I had my documentation at my finger tips...had I been standing at their front desk, I think I would have been pretty upset as I would have had no way of proving that I had made the 2 payments.

The Aqua chain has usually been good. Screw ups happen but at least you finally got it resolved.

We stayed at one the their hotels in Jan for 5 days it was fantastic and the price was beyond reasonable. We even got a 10% using our CAA card.

Sometime ago there was someone here who had a problem with Aqua and the manager had come to the board and dealt with the issue in a postive manner, can't remember her name but I did get to meet her during our stay. She also allowed me to store our luggage there post cruise as our flights home weren't until 11:00 pm. All as I had to do was to tip the bell boy.

I would stay at their chain again at the drop of a hat.

I was happy with their service. I really just wanted to warn people to make sure they took their documentation with them and maybe make a phone call before they leave home, just to make sure everything is fine. I am not sure how they booked me 6 rooms instead of just 2, but not a problem. I was very impressed on how quickly they replied & once I proved my point, my problem was fixed immediately. Koodos to the company.

• 1 month later...

Archived