Views on Costa versus MSC

AmoMondo

I'm considering booking on Costa marina or Sernena. I usually go with MSC and really like them. I'd be interested to hear the views from anyone who has saile with both lines on how Costa compares. can i expect more or less a similar experience?

well i've never been on marina but i sailed twice with her sister allegra. never been on serena. i usually sail with costa and i salid with msc 4-5 times i don't remeber actually and last time was in 2001, next time it will be this summer. the differences are many: food in primis. on msc is muuuuuuuuuch better. entertaining: on msc they are more learned in music. the musicians are almost always very very well trained. on costas they are not always so well trained. the main differences depends by when u leave and where u go. i found deep differences on costas between mediterranean and north europe. in med the tarvelers are DEEPLY DIFFERENT from the ones that travel around northern europe. if u go on serena in summer and in mediterranean u'll find a lot of unpolite and unknowledge people , 90% won't speak english and won't think about anything but doing shopping ( and of course not a classy shopping).last time i went to med on a big costa ship was in 2004 i did west med. i put a CROSS great as a house on it. never again mediterranean on a big ship full of rude italians tha don't either speak italian and enetertainers worthy of these people. NEVER AGAIN

Actually, I just came back from a cruise on Costa Serena [May 4-May11]. I've read many threads about how rude people were on the Costa cruises, but I personally found everyone to be wonderful. I didn't find anyone to be rude, in fact I thought they were very polite especially when they found out that our group of three only spoke english. All you need is a great attitude and a friendly smile.

I've never travelled with MSC so I can't make the comparison for you.

Archived