Pearl---What Not to Miss On board??

Cali_Mum

Hi everyone-- We are leaving in the morning for Seattle where we'll board the Pearl on Sunday for Alaska...we are so excited to be trying out NCL for the first time! :D What should we not miss on board? We've read about the coffee machines at the buffet, and hope to have a mystery dinner and pub crawl...

Thanks so much and will be sure to post a review when we get back!

Be sure to go to your meet and greet.

Not only will you meet your shipmates from the cruise critic board but also members of the Pearl crew. (Be sure and tell the hotel director, Michael, hello for me).

He is a great guy and goes out of his way to make sure all cruise critic members have an enjoyable cruise.

As part of this enjoyment he usually schedules a bowling party for everyone on the last sea day - Saturday afternoon before you get to Victoria.

As for Victoria, be sure you eat before you get off the ship if you are taking an excursion to Butchart Gardens.

By the time you get back - the restaurants are all closed and you have to have a reservation for the Blue Lagoon.

Have a great time - I know we did.

dennis

the spa is fabuuuuuuuulus. just pay for a day...hang out on the heated loungers....luxuriate in sauna, steam rooms, various water treatments, pools, showers. sit at front with a book or your squeeze on the soft upholstered loungers and look 180 degrees over the bow of the ship. there are his, her, ours sections....all the towels you want, great robes....better yet...on day 1, join for the whole trip for the couples special price. also it's fun to go to port side forward of deck 11 and see all the info re the ship and observe the bridge...looks like a nasa control room. ENJOY!!!! spent 14 days on her ending in feb. and am ready to go again. :)

If Simon Murray is the CD, you'll have a fantastic time on board the beautiful Pearl!

Check out LeBistro, Cagney's, the martini/margarita tastings, the murder mystery dinner, the chocolate buffet, the shows in the Stardust Theater, bowling; you'll be busy! We've been on her 3 times and each time was just a little bit better than the last.

Do they have Wii on the Pearl? :) :)

They did when we sailed last year. We didn't try it at all, but it looked fun enough that Santa brought the family one for Christmas :D . Now that I've played it a little, I'd probably be more tempted to try it on the ship.

Yes, they do have Wii onboard the Pearl. They use the huge screen in the atrium.

We sailed the 2 day party cruise last weekend out of Seattle and had a great time.

The ship was beautiful!

The ultra lounge, Bliss was quite a kick. Get there early to get a bed.

The espresso machines are a little hard to find. Look in the buffet just before you go out on the rear deck.

We sat in the martini lounge and watched the dancing silhouette girls for an hour! I never did get tired of that!

Bowling was fun. Did not play the Wii on the ship though. Loved the Newlywed Show and the shows in the theatre. The spa was really cool. I could of sat in the dressing room in the front of the ship forever. They have good views too. We really liked the Spinnaker Lounge on sea days. We grabbed a comfy chair and watched for whales. We also loved the Steak House.. mmmm

Speaking of Spinnakers, try out the lounger beds there, too. Also, if you're brave enough, try one of the loungers out on the promenade deck and watch the scenery sail by. They have blankets available, so you can wrap yourself up nicely and enjoy the beautiful scenery.

Archived