Telephone concierge

annie2

I could be wrong, but I don't believe that "telephone concierge" is a full-service concierge like the one in the Neptune Lounge. Sure, they can make onboard reservations for you, and handle some minor matters, but I doubt they're gonna get involved in making restaurant reservations in port.

From what I understand that "telephone concierge" is basically a joke. When you pick up the phone and call, all you are getting is the front desk. You have the "privilege" of handling certain things over the phone that others in lesser accommodations would have to trudge to the front desk personally for. You don't have the same level of service that folks using the Neptune Lounge would have, and I doubt that would include convoluted requests for such things as restaurant reservations in port.

Blue skies ...

--rita

What about folks in a Deluxe Suite, when the Neptune Lounge is closed? Do we get the same "telephone concierge" that everyone else gets, and possibly one who never answers the phone?

When I was at a Marriott recently, every time I picked up the phone and pressed a certain button, someone answered immediately, addressed me by name (but how they knew I wasn't my spouse I have no idea -- maybe there's a camera hidden in the phone receiver) and asked how they could serve me.

It was a little unnerving, frankly, but it did mean things got done.

Then they'd always call again 10 minutes later to make sure whatever I wanted had been taken care of.

Archived