Viking wine package

ddean52

I find the Viking wine package strange! Let us say I am a wine drinker and my wife is not, since she will share the same cabin with me (daaa):rolleyes: the only way to take advantage of this package is for my wife pay for something she will not use.:confused: :rolleyes: Makes no sense what ever! Anyway, i assume we can buy bottles/glasses onboard, and what about bringing onto the ship bottles of wine from the ports we stop at??

Thanks

Dean:p :)

I think the Viking Price is high, unless you really drink.

If you are in Europe it would be great to pick up 1 or 2 bottles along the way.

I have not traveled with Viking in Europe. There is probably a corkage fee. Hopefully a Viking European traveler can response.

In China stick with the beer.

Emily

we are on for 14 nights the cost is about $400. pp.now this includes 2 cocktails pp per night plus unlimited beer..soda.....t-shirts(:rolleyes: :D )..post cards(:eek: )...lol all im looking for is some good wine!:rolleyes: :eek: :)

Dean

IMHO, Skip the beverage package.

Purchase a bottle or 2 of good wine. If you pass a wine (or grocery) during your walk in the town, buy a bottle or 2. I am sure there will be a corkage fee if you take it to the dining room.

We also carry a corkscrew with us when we travel.

Cheap wine can be very good.

I remember a week long ski trip in France in 1978. We started with a mid price bottle and a bottle of lower priced French Wine. There were 8 of in the group. By the 3rd day we bought the cheap wine recommended by the shop owner. It turned out to be the best of what we were buying. Also we collect the paper tabs for a the bottle. For every 5 paper tabs, the was a free bottle.

Also you may want to just get a glass of wine or a beer at a local cafe.

On our Viking River trip to China there was a good selection of wines on the wine list. If you did not finish the bottle, they would keep it of the next evening.

Have a great trip.

Emily

Archived