Exercise Bike on Oosterdam

GramaFran

I will be on the Oosterdam in June and want to know if the fitness center has recumbant bikes. What else is there also?

As for cabin - I am sharing a VC with 2 granddaughters (teens) what is the storage like - enough drawers, shelves, hanging space??

Thanks,

Francine

Hi... we were on the Oosterdam in November... If I recall correctly, there were recumbant bikes and regular bikes in the gym. There were also several stair steppers, but Cybex ones and I found them very clunky to use. There was another Cybex, elliptical style machine as well (Arc Trainers). There was one regular elliptical machine but it was broken at the time we were on board. Of course, there were several treadmills too. Additionally, there were spinning bikes in the class area.

The gym wasn't bad, but I thought the cardio equipment was dated, considering the age of the ship, and was disappointed by the lack of more elliptical trainers. I'm not crazy about the Cybex brand generally.

Sorry I can't help on the cabin storage. We were lucky enough to a small suite on that sailing (a rare event!). I have found the cabin storage to be generally good on the HAL ships, with ample storage for clothes. My only complaint is around the desk area, where the TV takes up far too much space and there aren't enough drawers.

There was one regular elliptical machine but it was broken at the time we were on board. .

I like to use the elliptical as well. On my cruise on the Maasdam Apr.4-14/08 there was only one working. The other one was broken. How's that for strange. Looks like HAL needs a repair man in their gym. I got tired of waiting to use it and resorted to doing a lot of rounds of the promenade deck:rolleyes: .

Archived