Hertz rentals to Seward

cruisy

If anyone is considering renting one-way from Anchorage to Seward via Hertz next Summer, the time for reserving it is NOW. I just went to their site to try some discount codes, and I came up with NO car, at any size/price for our approximate dates. - We have a reservation, but I was tring to get it cheaper.

I tried to check out the availablity for end of June 2005 online and kept getting the same response. I ended up calling directly to the booking agent, and she told me that it appeared that the Seward location was no going to be accepting drop offs next summer for some reason. She was not able to help me with a reservation. This is our first trip, so I just took what she told me at face value and decided to take the train instead. Maybe she just gave me wrong info. :cool:

This is a seasonal office, but also try and call Seward directly? You can also call Anchorage directly for information that would not be available at the central reservation. They will have one way cars available- almost certain. :)

I would definitely encourage calling Anchorage directly. We had a lot of trouble renting a car through Hertz (central res. or online) for our trip this past summer, even as far out as 9-12 months ahead of time. Dealing directly with Hertz in Anchorage yielded far better results.

• 1 month later...

Archived