We're Not Cruising......

sail7seas

Sail, I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time, just remember to take it easy and enjoy.

My DH and I have enjoyed all kinds of vacations, hiking trips, float trips, land based trips to Europe and, of course, cruising, thanks to some friends of ours who got us into it. But 4 years ago my DH suffered a stroke and although he has recovered beautifully, his sense of balance is limited and he still tires easily. Thanks to cruising, both ocean and river, we have our "traveling hotel" and when he gets tired, his room is right there. It is the only way we've been able to keep traveling.

I used to teach geography, and I had never been to most of the places I talked about. Now, I want to see it all. I probably won't get to, but thankfully because of cruising, I'm able to continue to try! Good Luck!

We take both types of vacations each year....we love the beach and love the mountains...have a hard time making a decision on where we want to go....but the same thing happens no matter which trip we take, and that is we always end up talking about how we sure wish our cruise would hurry and get here.....love those ships!

Sail, I didn't realize you had been facing health challenges lately, and am glad that you are doing better. After our Black Sea/Egypt cruise this fall, Richard and I will be driving around Arizona this spring to check out where to live in the next chapter of our lives. After that, we're due for a driving/rail trip in Great Britain, which is, after all, in our DNA and must be visited again and again. In the meantime, it will be difficult not to book a HAL cruise to anywhere or a Cunard cruise across the Pond. Too bad we aren't the gambling type and don't buy lottery tickets.

Sail, have a wonderful vacation and gain strength from all your Cruise Critic friends who look up to you and wish you the best of health.

Linda (Mrs Muir)

So many lovely messages and I'm so appreciative for them all.

I'm doing great and have had an uneventful, perfectly 'ordinary' recovery. CC has made it way better than if I'd not had this great place to come play.

Next best thing to cruising HAL is talking about it.

We're going to Florida for our 'land vacation' as it is a three hour non-stop; is easy; and we are both craving warmth. We want to be in some hot weather!!! REALLY looking forward to it.

. After our Black Sea/Egypt cruise this fall, Richard and I will be driving around Arizona this spring to check out where to live in the next chapter of our lives. After that, we're due for a driving/rail trip in Great Britain, which is, after all, in our DNA and must be visited again and again. In the meantime, it will be difficult not to book a HAL cruise to anywhere or a Cunard cruise across the Pond. Too bad we aren't the gambling type and don't buy lottery tickets.

Linda (Mrs Muir)

Sounds absolutely fabulous, Linda. What a great cruise you have to look forward to, followed by touring Great Britain and then Arizona.......one of our favorite places! Enjoy. You have wonderful travel in your near future!

Sorry to hear of your setback and hope you are well on the road to recovery. We too had to cancel a cruise when my wife had open heart surgery and can recognize your disappointment.

Hoping your LAND VACATION (will you be able to drive or will you fly?) is relaxing and enjoyable. Also best wishes for a quick and easy recovery.

Archived