Anyone on Moorea recently? Question about scooters.

cruzegirl

Probably the best chance you'll have is Tahotu Location Scooter - they have an office at the Vaiare ferry dock. You can rent for 4, 8 or 24 hours. Nearly all the car rental places will also offer scooters as well.

Just returned yesterday from our cruise. Fantastic!!! We stayed at the Sheraton on Moorea for 3 days pre-cruise. Fantastic too!!!

Did see some scooters on Moorea. We rented a car from Avis which we pre-booked on the internet. Moorea was my favourite island for sure!! Bought my pearls there too!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - We rented a scooter on Moorea from a dealer near the IC. I must admit, I didn't feel very safe. People drive like maniacs in FP. There is even a sign acroos the road from the Ferry dock that gives the number of people killed that year in traffic accidents.

We have rented scooters in the Cook Islands, Fiji, and Cozumel. I wouldn't recommend renting one on Moorea or Tahiti itself. Some of the other, smaller islands would be a different story.

I'd rent a car instead.

Archived