Oyster Bay Beach Resort or Orient Beach for boogie boarding with the kids?

mamasgirl

We went with RC's Divi Little Bay Excursion in Dec. with our 5,9,10 yr old girls. The kids had a blast boogie boarding here. However, RC goes to Oyster Bay Beach resort instead of Divi, now. Wondered if the waves are good enough for boogie boarding or should we go to the Orient Beach excursion? If the waves are good at Orient Beach then we will probably go there instead unless you guys would recommend the Oyster Beach excursion.

Any help from my fellow cruisers would be appreciated!

Thanks!

If you really enjoyed Divi Beach, you can always go on your own (by taxi or bus). It's not all that far from the pier. You will be able to use the beach, rent chairs/umbrellas, rent boogie boards and other water gear, eat in the restaurants, etc. You won't be able to use the pools or other for-resort-guests-only amenities, but that shouldn't stop you from having a wonderful time.

Just a thought.

beachchick

Since we have already been to Divi, we thought we would try another place this time.

However, I am a little concerned about going to Orient Beach. I don't mind topless women for my young girls, but I don't want them to be exposed to any men that may be going "natural and flying in the breeze"! They don't need to be exposed to that at this age. Are the men bottomless? Does RC drop you off with all the nudie people?

thanks!

Well, the full "nudie" people are mostly down at the Club Orient end of the beach (to the right, facing the water). Club O is the fully clothing-optional (not nudist) resort. However, there is always a possibility that there may be a fully nude man or two anywhere along the beach (either strolling or lounging). If you absolutely want to guarantee no bottomless men, you'll need to choose a different beach.

Also, Le Gallion has a sign stating that the beach is clothing optional, not just topless; I'm not sure about other French side beaches, but you might want to check various ones and see what others have written. I think Mullet Bay beach is mentioned as a good beach without full nudity. Cupecoy on the Dutch side is out for you because it is fully clothing optional. Other than those, you'll mostly find topless, not full nudity (as far as I know--Don't take my word as "gospel" on the matter).

beachchick

Archived