Is NCL any better about sending lugage tags?

Heat Wave

I have read NCL has been spotty at best in sending the cruise packet. Final payment was sent a half a year ago. We sail in just about a month and haven't got anything. I really didn't want to use the paper tags I copied on my printer. If I do I guess I will laminate them.

What do you think my chances are I will still get them in the mail?

We got a regular packet about 3 wks before sailing, after I had already printed the tags up and used clear packing tape to make them sturdier. Just make sure your cabin numbers on luggage tags are correct. Our's where missing a # so we wrote over them with blk felt pen. I know some people get the packet and some have not.:confused: Hope you get yours!:)

Retiredonthesea

I have read NCL has been spotty at best in sending the cruise packet. Final payment was sent a half a year ago. We sail in just about a month and haven't got anything. I really didn't want to use the paper tags I copied on my printer. If I do I guess I will laminate them.

Not to point fingers, but it really is dependent on your TA, and the decisions they make on your behalf. Unless you booked through NCL directly, your TA's corp office could have chosen to A) have NCL still mail out the welcome kit w/ luggage tags directly to you (provided THEY give NCL your address), B) have the welcome kit w/ luggage tags sent to them, in which case THEY would need to forward them to you, or C) forego the welcome kit altogether, and expect you to use the e-doc tags they either forward to you, have NCL e-mail to you, or print themselves and mail to you.

Keep in mind that just because your TA's corporate office made their decision does not mean that your TA knows the process, and could easily expect one process, while another is actually in place.

This is going to be our second cruise. 1st one through a TA, this one booked through NCL. As I have a tendancy to stress everything, I was concerned about this same issue. I recieved my packet(s) a full month before sailing. Call your TA or your personal cruise consultant. I'd bet that IF there is a mess up, that it'll get taken care of fast.

William

was an envelope with tags & a booklet on excursions. But 2 weeks before our cruise my TA upsold us to a mini from a BA AFT. So we had to print out labels with new cabin # & FWD instead of AFT. Then we put them ove the $ & location and luggage showed 2 hours after boarding.

We got real luggage tags with our docs, but could not use them. We took an upsell to a nicer cabin, and new luggage tags are not sent for upsell.

No problem - just view your online cruise docs and print out the updated tags on your printer. There are lines to show you where to fold.

We take wide, clear packaging tape and laminate the folded tag on one side. Then loop the tag over the handle of your bag and staple a couple times through the tape.

Do this, ideally, when you arrive at the pier. This means carrying a small stapler or roll of tape.

End of April we booked our next cruise in two weeks on the Spirit. We were send edocs imediately which contained only the reservations and itinerary. I was told we would have to get our luggage tags from the porter at the dock.

Called my PCC on Thurs to book another cruise and she also told me to get my tags at the dock.

Then to my surprise a packed came from NCL yesterday with luggage tags !!!!!

I am not for sure how it is decided who they send the tag's to and who they don't, because they have always sent us our tags. One suggestion is if you end up having to print them off, you can take the print outs to a place like Kinko's and they can laminate them for you for not very much money. That would make them a bit more sturdy if that is your concern. Hope you end up getting them in the mail.

I literally got my packet about 1 and 1/2 weeks prior to cruise. I think a LOT has to do with using a TA or not (that would cause a delay).

Archived