Miami Hotels... Where to Stay? Where to Eat? What to do?

We were in Miami for a cruise in January and will be going in April 2009 for our wedding. I was going to book the same hotel (Holiday Inn downtown) which is right across from Bayside. I thought it was a great location and a nice hotel. We were able to get a group rate. But now I see all these options! I like the idea of getting free transportation to the port and/or from the airport. That is going to be a big expense for us!

Does anyone know anything about the Indian Creek Hotel in Miami? That is where we have booked rooms, and I am hoping it is decent. I would love feedback if you know anything about it! Thanks!

(P.S. I have done ton of online research already, but would love to hear from a native Miamian or someone who has stayed there)

I have never been to The Indian Creek Hotel, but it's located in a great spot in Miami Beach. It's close to everything! Most hotels in the South Beach area are old, small and need new furniture...but yours has been renovated and looks lovely. I think you will be very happy!

Okay...so I went to South Beach twice in the last week and I have some restaurant suggestions.

Lincoln Road Area:

1. Tiramasu - Italian mostly

2. The Van Dyke - A little of everything (Great Jazz Bar upstairs w/ killer ambiance)

3. Maya - Italian and Spanish dishes

Ocean Drive Area:

1. Larios - Gloria Estephan's restaurant, though she doesn't own it anymore

2. The Clevelander - Hotel & restaurant that is currently under rennovations but should be finished in a few months. It's a fun place w/ good American fare.

3. Darn...forgot the names of some others...

Most restaurants on Ocean Drive are good. You can look at each restaurants' menu as you walk by and you can decide which to eat at. You can do that on Lincoln Road too!

Hope this helps! Let me know if you need anything else...

Archived