Dawn - picking cabins

Loralu

Hi CC'ers:

I'm planning our first NCL cruise on Dawn to Bermuda in Oct 08.

Needing information on cabin choices.

Must be a balcony - but wondering about the differences in a mini-suite and regular balcony cabin.. and which deck is best.

Also wondering about the aft cabins and how much vibrations or noise there might be. We have never had an aft cabin.

Any other info on the Dawn would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Loralu,

If you could do the Mini, that would be great. I, myself prefer mid to aft. they are all on deck 11.

If you can't do the mini, balcony is just fine too. Again I prefer mid to aft. For me that would be BA down to BC.

The minis of course are larger and have a bathtub/shower. The walk in hallway is a bit longer also. Bigger closets.

I have never had a aft cabin on NCL, but did have it on other ships and it was just fine. I have also had foward cabins, did not enjoy the foward motion. I did visit a AE in the aft on the Dawn and it was nice and set up more like a maze, I thought.

It also depends on how many of you there are, and how much room you will need.

I am sure you will get more responses.

Have a great cruise, she is a beautiful ship.

Dawn

I was upgraded to an aft penthouse in 2004. You should definitely go for it if you can afford it. Minisuites would be the same just slightly smaller I think.

I didn't notice any noise. You get panoramic views out the back and it is relaxing watching the water spray from the back of the boat.

The room and balcony are bigger and it comes with a concierge and VIP tender tickets (if applicable)

We were on the Dawn for a ten day cruise out of NY and were on deck 9 with balcony. 9028, category BC. We were not above a restaurant or club so did not have elephants overhead, also we were forward of the elevators, but not too far a walk. It was a nice area we enjoyed. Also on the starboard side we had nice views when in port, coming and going. We are on deck 10 on Gem for our next cruise, although it is a little more forward than what we had on the Dawn.

We had a balcony BA on deck 10 midship when we were on the dawn. Never been in a minisuite but I thought we had ample room. The bed was very comfy and there was small couch and coffee table. the balcony was great although I did notice some other grades had some type of partially enclosed balcony which I would not have liked. We didn't notice any noise.

Snorkel - thanks - actually that cabin is available for the saliling I am looking at - so the Starboard side is the best at port for Bermuda?

We did not go to Bermuda. We went to Carib, but most of the time we had dock side views and were able to just sit out on the balcony when the ship was entering or leaving to see what was going on. The main thing I guess is to try to make sure you are not next to a laundry room or elevator, as well as check to see what is above/below your deck. I know my husband was spoiled by the balcony and won't cruise without one now...

Archived