Question about Century cabins

twinkle toes

Can someone tell me what the advantage would be of having one of the back cabins on the Sports deck (1246 or 1253) versus one of the side cabins? What are the differences in motion of the ship, etc.? If either of these rooms were available on your cruise, versus any other room on the ship, would you select these? Why or why not? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

On Century, 1246 & 1253 have larger balconies but they also overlook the canvas on the aft bar. I find the back of C class ships to be lovely except when docking and departing.....lots of vibration. The cabins are the same size as the ones on the sides. Hope that helps.

Deck 12 is a wonderful place to be. It's very quiet due to the limited number of cabins, the majority are Sky Suites. We always do deck 12 sky suites on 'C' class ships which are our favorate but have considered the SV on 12 as a lower cost alternative.

You will continually hear complaints about the vibrations on 'C' ships but frankly I haven't noticed it on the upper decks. I think the view of the wake would overshadow the few minutes of vibration if you even feel it.

Noise, etc from the outdoor bar/eating area below would be my biggest concern.

Hi, We were assigned cabin 1246 on the first sailing of the refrbished Century out of Barcelona two years ago. We like aft cabins but would not suggest Sports deck on this ship. It is correct that you look out onto the sail-like canopy over the aft bar below. It should be considered obstructed view. Also this canopy does not fit flush against the ship and those at the bar below can look up at you. There is extra noise from those just having a good time at the bar and also smoke from cigarettes and cigars that may offend. These cabins have similar sq. feet but seem a little narrower and thus in the room design the mattresses are u-shaped for ease around them but if you are tall the only length is right down the center of the bed. The balcony itself accomodates two chairs but not chaises. We did not find enjoy noise or vibration to be an issue. It is a very quiet and convenient deck. Much of the ship was not ready for this first sailing including 1246 and we were moved to a finished cabin. Are all the beds u-shaped----nope---guest services said yes but our cabin attendent suggested and showed us several open and finished cabins with the usual square shaped beds and so we just moved a few doors away with a side verandah which was much better for this deck. Have a wonderful trip and consider the aft cabins on another level.

Archived