Thank you ohioNCLcruiser

I sailed with ohioNCLcruiser on the Dawn 4/27 to 5/3. Last week there was too much fun on the board with the week declared "nightmare at sea" or whatever it was but I did want to share some information about James and really what an outstanding young man he is, as well as an asset to NCL. Much of this has to do with the failed Pride of Aloha thread.

James called my stateroom the night he read on cruise critic that the Aloha had failed its inspection. He was shocked because he thought they had worked so hard to improve things from the failed inspection. He then found out that it was not a subsequent inspection that had failed but rather the one NCL (and he) knew about and had taken corrective action. His questioning why it was being posted was not one of sarcasm or nastiness. He was wondering how/why this was news at this time. Keep in mind that James was paying full NCL internet prices and reseaching the source, etc. of the posting would have been costly.

According to the cruise critic review on the Pride of America, which is James' ship, it received a score of 100. I cannot find where to verify that but assume since it's on cruise critic it must true.:rolleyes: The comments on the Pride of Aloha were the same old "lazy, US kids, etc." How about giving credit to those same kids for scoring high on the Pride of America?

I give credit to James for coming back time and again to cruise critic so he can read what a terrible ship he works on, what a terrible crew he works with. NCL had James reporting from the Jade on the roll out of 2.0. James enthusiasm is real. He LOVES the cruise industry. Imagine going from working as a buffet waiter, then flying around the world to report from another ship and then flying back to actually pay to take a cruise for vacation? And then still check into the latest on cruise critic.

I have been a fan of James for some time. He was very helpful when I was planning my Pride of Aloha cruise. (Though he does laugh at me because he knows that I hate every day at the buffet, but I did survive and actually loved the cruise.) When I asked him questions he asked me for additional information before he replied. As I have posted several times, it was due to James that I knew what to do when I arrived after a cancelled flight at midnight to board the ship. So it was fun to be able to spend some time with him on the Dawn.

In conversations with James as well as reading postings on his blog I know that it costs him $20 per day to run his blog and stay connected. He has had to change the comment procedures because of the nasty things people say about NCL and still he continues blogging and posting. He has to walk a tight rope balancing between his personal website and being an employee who is seen in a public light.

Thank you James for providing both informative and entertaining blogs and videos. My son loved your White Hot Nights advertisement video so much that he and his friend are trying to figure out how they can take a cruise in the near future.

Please keep up the good work. I hope you are looking forward to returning to the Pride of America will continue your work as "Life as a Cruise Ship Crew Member." You really are a delightful young man and I would love to sail with you again sometime in the future.

I'm sure most of the regulars on this board know of James, but for anyone who doesn't here is the link to his blog.

http://web.mac.com/cruisingjames/iWeb/Welcome/Welcome%20.html

cruizinwithkids ~ lovely post and well deserved.

James and his mom are just great on the boards. "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree":)

Great to read that James is as nice and helpful in person as he is on here and his blog.

Thanks for posting!

cruizinwithkids ~ lovely post and well deserved.

James and his mom are just great on the boards. "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree":)

Great to read that James is as nice and helpful in person as he is on here and his blog.

Thanks for posting!

Wow thanks for this post! It means a lot.

Crew mom isn't my mom though if thats who your talking about. My mom isn't on cruise critic.

Wow thanks for this post! It means a lot.

You earned it, you are great with your information and so enthusiastic :)

Crew mom isn't my mom though if thats who your talking about. My mom isn't on cruise critic.

Funny..I thought it was your mom. Fooled me;)

cruizinwithkids, thanks for that lovely post. I always read James' posts and even though I haven't met him I already admire him.

James, thanks for all you do, and I hope I do get to meet you someday!:)

Well said. James has provided invaluable info to us for our next cruise and we really enjoy his blog. James, if you ever have occasion to fly on one of our 767s to Europe, ask if Carnac is in the cockpit. If I am . . . and you're still brave enough to make the trip . . . stop on up and say hi.

It's about time someone stood up for the mean-spirited people who set out to make NCL look bad! Uh-oh!!!! Here comes the "cheerleader" remarks!:eek:

Jaime--I think you do a wonderful job with your blog and NCL should be proud of what their "lazy American kid" does with his cherished time off! You are a credit to NCL and it's people like you who keep me loyal to NCL. I hope to meet you one day on a cruise ship! I wish I could donate money to help with all your posting expenses!!

Keep up the good work!

NayRN

Well said. James has provided invaluable info to us for our next cruise and we really enjoy his blog. James, if you ever have occasion to fly on one of our 767s to Europe, ask if Carnac is in the cockpit. If I am . . . and you're still brave enough to make the trip . . . stop on up and say hi.

Do you ever fly to Hawaii? The last time I was on a UA 767 was from CLE-ORD!

Thanks everyone!

Thanks everyone! Let me know if you would like me to continue the crew blog when I return. Sometimes the job can get you down but this really helps perking myself up! Its nice to hear some people notice and appreciate it!

James

James is a definite asset to this board and NCL--a great spokesman for his employer. James--hope you got a much needed rest and had enough time to recharge your batteries. Working in the service industry onboard a ship or airplane isn't always as glamorous as it may appear to the public. You do a remarkable job at staying upbeat.:D

Thanks everyone! Let me know if you would like me to continue the crew blog when I return. Sometimes the job can get you down but this really helps perking myself up!

Hi Jamie

I just signed up for cruise critic to tell you that I would like you to continue your blog. I love reading things on cruise critic and on your blog. I've never been on a cruise. It seems like it would be fun to work in Hawaii. I'm in high school and work as a waitress. Do you think they will be hiring now that there is only one ship?

Thanks everyone! Let me know if you would like me to continue the crew blog when I return. Sometimes the job can get you down but this really helps perking myself up! Its nice to hear some people notice and appreciate it!

James

Yes please, I enjoy your Blogs and input into Cruise Critic! I always have problems posting comments on the Blog I'm probably doing something wrong.

Enjoy your holiday in Vegas!

James-

I don't know if it went through, but I responded via the form on your blog. Please keep doing what you're doing! You have been so helpful to a new cruiser! :)

NayRN

Archived