Any problems bringing your bouquet or top tier of cake through customs?

I know you can't normally bring flowers or food back to the US through Customs. We're getting married at sea on a Princess ship and I want to bring my bouquet back with me to be preserved and we would also like to keep the top tier of our cake. Does anyone know if you can bring these things back through customs?

• 2 weeks later...

I've been wondering the same thing. When we've been through customs before you usually just walk through. I'm going to try and get it through if I can, if not I'll just leave it there. I'm getting married on the Caribbean Princess on 10/31? What about you?

I'm not sure if the cruise lines have some kind of "agreement" with customs or not, but I talked to a flower preservation company and she said they do bouquets from cruise ship weddings all the time. I've got the question into the coordinator, but haven't heard back yet. I'll be sure to let everyone know as soon as I do. Thanks for all the help/advice.

Beth1017-

I'm getting married on Caribbean Princess too! 01/13/05 You must share your pics when you return! Only a couple of weeks for you!

Yes only a week and half and a nervous wreck. I'm hoping everything goes smoothly. A professional wedding photographer is going to be on my cruise who has offered to take additional photographs for me for FREE!!!! Seems like everything is working out perfectly!! I'll definitely share pics when I get back!

As far as the boquet goes, the flowers had to be brought on the ship in FL, so they aren't really foreign. Secondly, in the past I've always just walked straight through customs and just handed them my paper. I've never been stopped in the past or even had a question asked of me. So, I'm not overly worried about it.

I've been wondering the same thing. When we've been through customs before you usually just walk through. I'm going to try and get it through if I can, if not I'll just leave it there. I'm getting married on the Caribbean Princess on 10/31? What about you?

WE are doing a renewal of vows on Carnival Conquest on 10/31 -- I was told by our wedding consultant the flowers could be taken off the ship by anyone not sailing, but once the ship leaves port they cannot be taken off. I have a silk bouquet but am using their flowers for part of it so no great loss if I cannot keep them.

Congrats on the wedding!

Mary in NC

Archived