Another beach question

jimc_usa

We dock at St Georges, and we plan to tour in the morning and lie on the beach(watch the grandkids play in the sand) in the afternoon, after lunch on the ship.

Soooooooo, whats a) the nearest beach (within walking distance?) b) the best beach (and how far, how to get to it?) c) The best beach with the most amenities?

Thanks in advance

(I want to print the answer out and have it in my folder)

We dock at St Georges, and we plan to tour in the morning and lie on the beach(watch the grandkids play in the sand) in the afternoon, after lunch on the ship.

Soooooooo, whats a) the nearest beach (within walking distance?) b) the best beach (and how far, how to get to it?) c) The best beach with the most amenities?

Thanks in advance

(I want to print the answer out and have it in my folder)

Tobacco bay(very sheltered harbor) and Fort St Catherines beach are both within a 15 minute walk from the ship. Tobacco bay is nice but gets very crowded. Both have poor public facilities in my opinion, The beach at Ft St catherine's is better. A cab for a family will run you $5.00 and is worth it...and may be need to get back to the ship with a little one. Its an easy walk if you are used to country lanes and cars.

I've been to Ft. St. Catherines's with a 2 yr old and I would not consider this to be a beach to take anyone but a swimmer. At least on the day that I was there the waves were strong even for myself. It is a beautiful beach.

Archived