Glacier Gardens

mdeane

Could someone please advise me how long the guided tours of Glacier Gardens would be......I emailed them but they did not answer the question.

Also I assume you cannot go on a tour on your own. Thanks to you who have been and can clue me in.

Could someone please advise me how long the guided tours of Glacier Gardens would be......I emailed them but they did not answer the question.

Also I assume you cannot go on a tour on your own. Thanks to you who have been and can clue me in.

It's not a "guided tour" per se. They take you from the bottom of the gardens to the top in a golf cart, let you walk around for a few minutes, then bring you back down to the greenhouse/cafe. If you come in on a cruise line tour, you can expect it to be about 1-1.5 hours in the Gardens. If you come in on your own, you can spend as much or as little time as you want or how ever long it is til you've called your taxi to come back and get you. You DO need to book in advance if you are coming in on your own.

http://www.glaciergardens.com

To get an idea of what it is like, feel free to go to my photosharing site:

http://kdaylyon.smugmug.com

Click on the Gardens galleries and then on the Glacier Gardens gallery.

Thank you so much for your reply and answers. That helps a lot. We don't have a lot of time to spend there but I would love to see the flowers. Love your photos. Many thanks.

I did email them and got an answer. I'll post below my questions and their answers:

Question: If we come by privite car or taxi, do we need to have a reservation for the tour? Are your tours at certain times, or can we stop at anytime during the day and start the tour when we arrive. And where are you located?

Answer: We do have a nice parking area for cars, or being dropped off by Taxi. We have tours that start every 5 to 10 min.

You take Egan drive to where you see the Airport exit to the left and Glacier Hwy on the right. You take the Glacier Hwy exit past the church on your right and Fred Meyer store on your left follow Glacier Hwy about 1/4 mile we are on the left side right past the doctors office and big barn like home on the right. Look for our green mail box, that is the Entrance to the parking area.

Groups of 15 or more should make reservations when possible.

Season: May 1st through September 30th> > Hours: 9am- 6pm daily> Admission: Adults $21.95> Children 6-12 $15.95> 5 under free>

Groups Rates: 15 to 29 guests 5% discount, 30 or more 10% discount.

Archived