Dolphin Discovery

JediSkipdogg

As an avid dolphin fan I am really looking forward to possibly doing the Dolphin Swim Adventure. I am taking a cruise in September by myself on the Carnival Fascination outta Miami. If booked through the cruiseline I believe the total is $159 (maybe $169.) Booking directly through the Dolphin Discovery site it's only $103.40. As far as I can tell the only difference is transportation is included in the cruiseline price.

Our cruise is set to arrive at 1:00 pm ship time. The only available slots via Dolphin Discovery are 1:00 pm and 3:30 pm. My question is would I be able to make the 1:00 pm time. My understanding is there's a 1 hour difference so our cruise technically should arrive at 12:00 pm.

Thoughts?

As an avid dolphin fan I am really looking forward to possibly doing the Dolphin Swim Adventure. I am taking a cruise in September by myself on the Carnival Fascination outta Miami. If booked through the cruiseline I believe the total is $159 (maybe $169.) Booking directly through the Dolphin Discovery site it's only $103.40. As far as I can tell the only difference is transportation is included in the cruiseline price.

Transportation is included with the DD price also. Click on "deals" on their website to get the details about the taxi vouchers. Just a warning though. They are VERY strict about the procedure to get your free transportation. You can't just book through them and then show up and expect them to give you the taxi voucher. After making your reservation, you will need to email them about your intent to use the taxi voucher promotion and you will get a confirmation back from them with the details.

Also, from the price you listed, it looks like you are going to do the Dolphin Encounter. I would HIGHLY recommend that you spend the extra money and do the Royal Swim. It's an experience of a lifetime and if you really are an avid dolphin fan, you will regret not doing the Royal Swim.

Our cruise is set to arrive at 1:00 pm ship time. The only available slots via Dolphin Discovery are 1:00 pm and 3:30 pm. My question is would I be able to make the 1:00 pm time. My understanding is there's a 1 hour difference so our cruise technically should arrive at 12:00 pm.

Thoughts?

An hour should be enough time to get there. However, be sure that the time that your ship is listing is not local time. On our trip to Cozumel, our ship changed time to local time so our in port times were LOCAL times, not EST time (the zone the ship sailed from). If that is the case with your ship, you will just be arriving at 1 pm and will miss your swim. If you can't find out the answer to this question for absolute postive, I'd book the 3:30 just to be on the safe side.

Transportation is only included through a direct booking with Dolphin Discovery if there are 4 or more in your party. You also have to make the reservation for all 4+ people at the same time.

If the reservation is made including the transfer, your confirmation will have the information printed in the right side margin.

• 2 weeks later...

We are traveling out on Carnival Fantasy on 7/17/08, and I am considering booking the dolphin excursion for my 5 year old directly through the site. It is much cheaper that way, but I wanted to know the pros and cons of doing this. We have cruised several times, but we have never booked excursions on our own - I've always been afraid to do so. Is it safe? Any advice on taking taxis there?

We will be there from 8am to 5pm, and I am also wanting to book the submarine. Would we have enough time to do both in this one day? I thought we would do the submarine first, and then the dolphins so my child can play in the park after.

Archived