first time 55+ woman single cruiser

fairlwn08

is anyone cruising 6/25/09 on the crown princess going to scotland and ireland? i am a first time single cruiser. little nervous about it. i would like to join a group renting a sightseeing van. any suggestions? suggestions on sightseeing tours?

also, any suggestions on single cruising?

As a senior solo cruiser, I almost always take the ship's tours. I only venture out on my own when I feel completely comfortable at a port, usually one I've been to before. To meet other folks on your cruise, check out the roll call. I've met lots of nice people that way.

• 3 weeks later...

I sailed on HAL, out of NYC, this past fall. It was my first solo cruise. I had joined, and was quite active on the roll call site. Thanks to this site I made numerous friends and even as I waited for the bus from New London Ct.to the ship, I waited with two of my connections. I can't begin to tell you what a wonderful cruise I had. I was a nervous wreck before hand, but with the connections I made on the roll call, and just starting conversations with a smiling face, I found I was never lonely. I was amazed..... I never thought I had it in me. I am planning another solo cruise in the fall. So get active on the roll call and let them know you are traveling solo. There are a lot of great people out there who will love to meet you once on board.

is anyone cruising 6/25/09 on the crown princess going to scotland and ireland? i am a first time single cruiser. little nervous about it. i would like to join a group renting a sightseeing van. any suggestions? suggestions on sightseeing tours?

also, any suggestions on single cruising?

Single or solo? Either way, I tried to get into crown princess to see what the 18-day transatlantic cost and when I put 1 passenger they had nothing in any categories. I also checked out airfare for those dates and couldn't find any possible air for June, 2009....

As for travelling solo or single, I am quite sure that you will do well...take the advice of fellow CC'ers and get into all the possible discussions you can find as well as meetings of people on your particular cruise. That sounds like a fantastic cruise. Maybe by then our finances will be better (once GWB's tenure is up). I have a "son" in Northern Ireland and have not seen any of his 3 children in person as yet. That would be a wonderful way to meet him for the day. Certainly sounds inviting!

Archived