Excursion availability in Saint John?

ricks2047

How hard is it to get into independent excursions like bike rental or reversing falls thrill ride if it is done at the time of arrival or within a few days of arrival? We are not sure what we want to do in Saint John in July. Due to weather concerns, we don't want to book a 4 hour bike rental to find we will be riding in the rain. When a boat of 3200 people comes into town does everything get booked up prettry far in advance?

We are on the July 31 Explorer cruise and we already booked the Reversing Falls Jet Boat Ride.Reserved with cc but not charged.I guess it won't matter if it is raining as we were told that we would get wet and to bring a change of clothes.Bike riding is a different matter,but if the weather is inclement I would beleive you would get you money back if you paid in advance.

How hard is it to get into independent excursions like bike rental or reversing falls thrill ride if it is done at the time of arrival or within a few days of arrival? We are not sure what we want to do in Saint John in July. Due to weather concerns, we don't want to book a 4 hour bike rental to find we will be riding in the rain. When a boat of 3200 people comes into town does everything get booked up prettry far in advance?

It is my understanding from a local tour guide that the jet boat ride books up quickly. And, they reserve spots for the cruise ship tours which limits them even more. I contacted them about September and they only have one time left open. So, if you want the jet boat, I wouldn't wait any longer to book. It may already be too late for July.

We've found it a little difficult to book private excursions. But we'll be there on June 16, when not one, but 2 cruise ships (Victory and Grandeur) will be in town, so that's 5,000-6,000 cruise passengers alone. With just one ship, it might not be as much of a problem.

Archived