Ajaccio, Corsica

We will be in port from 7am-5pm in mid Sept. Have done alittle research on this island. We would like to do a day at a beach, if warm and sunny or take a tour on the water along the shore line. Would love to hear from folks who have done something similar at this port. Thanks in advance.

We just came back and we did a double decker bus tour. It was not a hop on or off just a tour up and down the coast. I believe it was about 10 to 15 euro per couple. It is about a block from the port entrance.

We took a walking tour through Regent that focused on Napoleon (his birthplace, etc.). I thought it was interesting, and learned quite a bit. The downtown is compact and picturesque, and I'm sure that you could easily do the walk on your own.

Lovely little city...great to walk, sit at a waterfront cafe. Short open mini bus tour is available and worth taking.

I noticed a great bridge club there overlooking the harbor for other bridge addicts who need a fix

Hi

I just wanted to know, are there buses or anyone when you get off the pier to take you on a tour? I did'nt see anything I liked on the ship's excursions. We are going in November.

Dorene

Dorene,

See my notes above. I left out that they also on the same corner have a trolley tour. Don't know how much that was but as others have said nice place to walk around where you get off the ship but the double decker bus which I thought was inexpensive.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. This looks like a fun port to just wander around and decide based on what strikes our fancy!! Only three more months till this wonderful cruise!

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. This looks like a fun port to just wander around and decide based on what strikes our fancy!! Only three more months till this wonderful cruise!

Which of the four months have you forgotten?:D

We went there two years ago. There's a lovely long sandy beach, right where the tenders drop off. Some of the beach is open to the public, but there are also private clubs, which you can enter for the day, with tables & chairs, etc. Bicycles are also available to hire. If it's not windy, unlike on our trip, the beachfront will be ideal.

Tim, thanks for the info about the beaches. If it is sunny I will be in a lounge chair at the beach!! For me this is a trip of a lifetime and our stop in Corsica will be mid point. I will need a day to just reflect and process all I have seen and experienced. September cannot come fast enough for me...

Archived