I Heard the Jade Had an Accident Yesterday......

Amazing no one was hurt - that would seem to be quite the list. I'm assuming the gyro-compass was repaired fairly quickly??

This uncommanded sharp turn & list is very similar to that of Grand & Crown Princesses incidents.

I imagine that the gyro-compass was sorted out as soon as the bridge crew were made aware of the problem....hopefully. Quite worrying though, all the same.

Looks like it - clearly not a sea headed to Miami

An unrelated article in today's local newspaper mentioned that it was due to set sail today for Miami. I don't know if they are going to the west coast for renovation first and then on.

That picture that was showing this morning was from Pier 11 at Aloha Tower Marketplace.

Oh my god!! you have to be kidding me!!!

WE were on the crown when it had the list on its second sailing from Brooklyn.. and now we ARE BOOKED on the may30 Jade for our Honeymoon after much hard work to convince the fiance!!

I have to tell you, being on the Crown when it listed was probably the scariest thing that's ever happened to us...

If Dana reads this post she will without a doubt cancel our honeymoon cruise.. regardless of the $ cost.

Oh man.. i have to tell you im a little worried now..

Oh my god!! you have to be kidding me!!!

WE were on the crown when it had the list on its second sailing from Brooklyn.. and now we ARE BOOKED on the may30 Jade for our Honeymoon after much hard work to convince the fiance!!

I have to tell you, being on the Crown when it listed was probably the scariest thing that's ever happened to us...

If Dana reads this post she will without a doubt cancel our honeymoon cruise.. regardless of the $ cost.

Oh man.. i have to tell you im a little worried now..

I wouldn't worry - I am sure everything is fine by now.

The Jade DID in fact list...if that's what you call it. I was a passenger on the ship, and the cruise was FABULOUS! But this did indeed happen. I was sleeping off a few too many drinks before dinner time...probably around 7:45ish, and all of a sudden, everything shook, and I woke up, and my feet were at my head! My friend and I both jumped up, and were like, what just happened here? A bunch of our things fell to the floor and our beds shifted slightly. At first I just thought I had more drinks than I remembered...then the Captain came on explaining the list, and that all the water had emptied from the pools, and flooded one of the elevators--mid ship, I believe. They were out of order for a day or so. I think some dishes crashed to the ground and maybe a few things got broken. I was in my room, obviously, so I don't have a first hand account of the dining experience that night. I think it was a little scary for people, but not serious life threatening or traumatic. No one thought they were going overboard or anything. The captain explained via PA what had happened about 15 times over the next day...like he had a guilty conscience or something, lol.

The comedy group performing had a great time with this event for the rest of the cruise. It gave them plenty of new material.

So to sum up, it happened, but it really wasn't that big of deal. When the announcement came on saying what the problem was, we burst out laughing. We weren't overly worried. All in all, an absolutely wonderful cruising experience, that wasn't marred by one strange event.

By the way, yes, the ship is totally fine, for someone above who asked. There was no damage that I know of...the elevators worked fine again after a day and they refilled the pools the next day at all...

If you have any questions about this or the cruise in general, feel free to ask me!

Sarah

• 3 weeks later...

Archived