? re: Grand City Drive & Empress Tea

ChefPeg

Hi,

I am interested in having high tea when we are in Victoria. I was wondering if anyone has ever booked this excursion through Celebrity.

"Grand City Drive & Empress Tea" or should we just book high tea at Butchart Gardens?

I also posted this on the Celebrity boards too.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!

Hi,

I am interested in having high tea when we are in Victoria. I was wondering if anyone has ever booked this excursion through Celebrity.

"Grand City Drive & Empress Tea" or should we just book high tea at Butchart Gardens?

I also posted this on the Celebrity boards too.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!

Both are great tours and the Empress Tea is something that you will always remember but if it comes down to choosing only one tour than I would recommend the Butchart Gardens. Plan that you will want to spend 2 to 3 hrs at the gardens plus it is about a 30 min drive either way.

Both are great tours and the Empress Tea is something that you will always remember but if it comes down to choosing only one tour than I would recommend the Butchart Gardens. Plan that you will want to spend 2 to 3 hrs at the gardens plus it is about a 30 min drive either way.

Thank you Putterdude!

I always get a chuckle out of your posts. You have a great sense of humor.

Thanks again!

I thought the high tea was way overpriced, but then I lived in England so it was no big deal for me. I loved the Gardens and took a ton of photos. If you do the tea, take time to walk around the hotel - it's beautiful.

I thought the high tea was way overpriced, but then I lived in England so it was no big deal for me. I loved the Gardens and took a ton of photos. If you do the tea, take time to walk around the hotel - it's beautiful.

High tea is overpriced here too (NE PA) only in upscale hotels. Not nearly as nice as high tea in England (been there twice, once at The White Swan Inn and once in Selfridge's) but it's all we can get here.

It's the novelty of it too that makes it a vacation thing.

Thanks for your comments.

Archived