Carnival Cruiser and Freedom of the Seas

Emerald31

I booked a cruise on Freedom of the Sea with RCL for Oct 2009 during the WOW sale. The reduced deposit, OBC and additional incentive offered by my TA was the deciding factors. Have cruised with Carnival and Princess so this will be my first time with Royal Caribbean. Each time I have strayed from Carnival I always come back. Has any Carnival fans cruised on FOS and if so what is your opinion of this ship and RCL in particular? I tried doing a search and the results came back with a error. I could ask this question on the Royal Caribbean board but I wanted the opinions of the ppl here. TIA

I booked a cruise on Freedom of the Sea with RCL for Oct 2009 during the WOW sale. The reduced deposit, OBC and additional incentive offered by my TA was the deciding factors. Have cruised with Carnival and Princess so this will be my first time with Royal Caribbean. Each time I have strayed from Carnival I always come back. Has any Carnival fans cruised on FOS and if so what is your opinion of this ship and RCL in particular? I tried doing a search and the results came back with a error. I could ask this question on the Royal Caribbean board but I wanted the opinions of the ppl here. TIA

I think that you will have a wonderful time on the Freedom of the Seas. I was considering it for my Eastern Caribbean sailing this upcoming November, but what they were charging me per person for an atrium room was almost as much as the total for 2 guests on an oceanview cabin on the Carnival Liberty.

So even though I would've prefered to take the Freedom of the Seas, I am going on the Carnival Liberty (for financial reasons).

I haven't sailed on the Freedom, but I did read tons of reviews and immersed myself in as much information as I could find. Most of the information I found was very positive. The only negatives had to do with the crowds, debarkation, long lines, etc.

I have been on 7 Carnival cruises. My daughter and I went on the Freedom of the Seas 2 wks ago. We had a great time. It is a huge ship, but never really felt overcrowded. The food was good and we had good service. I have never had a bad cruise. Looking forward to our next cruise 8 days on the Carnival Freedom next Jan.

Archived