Sapphire Princess - January 30th

apeller

We are six New Yorkers going on this cruise. We are arriving in Auckland on the 26th, staying at the Hyatt. We are interested in taking tours in Auckland and are also looking for tours from the ship, however we would prefer not to book them through the cruise line. In Sydney we are staying at the Holiday Inn Crowne Plaza, for another 5 days. If anyone has leads for private tours, please let us know. Louise & Seymour, Jean & Ivan (no pun intended), and Judi & Bernie

• 2 weeks later...

HI! I'm a new member to the board.I could not help but notice the thread on this cruise.My husband, Ken & I will also be sailing on the 30th.I'm sorry to say we don't arrive until the 30th ( on the day of sailing).We reside in the Chicagoland Suburbs and since I work I cannot leave until January 28th. We chose to stay, in Sydney, until February 16th at the Sydney Four Seasons.My

husband is adventerous and we will rent a car and venture out.I've been very

busy and haven't been able to research this trip.I notice the group has taken the time to research some wonderful places to see.We leave on Dec, 4th on a trip to the Western Caribbean with our teenage granddaughter and her friends.Once we send them home we will be going on the Celebrtity Millenium to the Eastern Caribbean.I love to vacation in the winter to escape the cold weather.Is there any one that will be staying in Sydney after the cruise?I have not had time to get excited until I read your posts.Lastyear we took the Transatlantic European Cruise . It was our 30th Anniverary.I look forward to

hearing from you all!

Janis &Ken

We just discovered that the Crowne Plaza doesn't have a pool, so as of now we're not sure we'll stay there. We are planning shore excursions off the ship. We have our own group of 6 or 8 and would be glad to have up to 10. If anyone is interested let us know. Louise

YankeeDoodle

Welcome to you and Ken

We're staying after the cruise in Sydney for three nights. So far, we might be staying in the Intercontinental. Will know in a few days. We're currently booked at the Westin with the ship's addon.

My husband is planning the bridgeclimb and maybe someone from here would like to join him.

Haven't received our cabin assignments, yet. We are on guarantee status. Checking every day now as it is close to final payment.

Anyone else have their assignments?

Janis

• 1 month later...

We're also from Chicago (now in SC) and did Australia in 1994 for 19 days. It was a fantastic trip starting in Melbourn to Carnes did the reef which was undescribel.We haven't cruised this area (other than 4 days from Carnes) to the reef.We'll probably be on the same flight your on because we fly from SC to Chicago and to LAX on the 28th.There are so many great places in Australia and Syney is a beautiful city with quite a lot to see and do.We're also doing the land trip with Princess to Ayers Rock then to Carnes.Will you be doing the land & sea?If you have some questions depending what you'll be doing I will try to help depending were you'll be on land.It may be possible we'll be leving on the same flight to LAX so lets see what we can work out.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to take so long to reply Estebofarr, been up in the Chicago area visiting our kids and grandchildren for the holidays.We're flying New Zealand air I believe(still not home yet leave tomorrow) .I'll get back on the thread when I return.

My daughter left last night for Chicago. Going to spend a week looking over the city.

We are flying United with two nights in N.Z. pre-cruise. Need to adjust to the time change. We forgot last time, but it was only two time zones so we were OK.

Do you know where I can find a conversion rate for the $$$ both in NZ and AU?

Archived