RCCL VISA Card Question

I have the RCCL Visa Card and I was wondering when I go to pay off the balance of my cruise, since I booked it through a TA, will I be able to get the double points for that charge?

Depends on the TA.

Some charge directly through RCCL in which case you would get double points.

Others charge to themselves and then turn around and pay RCCL. In this case, no double points. Not to mention that this is not something I would want even if I wasn't concerned with getting double rewards points.

I would insist that your travel agent do it in the way that gets you your points. I, in fact called my TA to make final payment today and made it clear that I wanted my points. She said that all they do is take my info and call RCCL and give it to them, so getting the points was no problem.

My TA will not charge directly to RCCL, so no double points for me. And yes, this makes me very angry:mad:

then you should get a new TA, that is WRONG, WRONG WRONG on so many levels I can't even tell you . First and foremost, if the TA goes out of business but you have paid directly to the cruiseline you are covered. If they charge it to them and then send a giant check it is no guarantee that it will ever get there and poof no cruise for you. Pull your business and make sure you tell the TA why. I am a TA and it is people like this who give us all a bad name.

then you should get a new TA, that is WRONG, WRONG WRONG on so many levels I can't even tell you . First and foremost, if the TA goes out of business but you have paid directly to the cruiseline you are covered. If they charge it to them and then send a giant check it is no guarantee that it will ever get there and poof no cruise for you. Pull your business and make sure you tell the TA why. I am a TA and it is people like this who give us all a bad name.

Thanks for your feedback and I will again have a "discussion" about this with my TA. We are paying for 10 cabins, so we are talking ALOT of points here!!

Thanks for your feedback and I will again have a "discussion" about this with my TA. We are paying for 10 cabins, so we are talking ALOT of points here!!

Absolutely go with another TA if they won't change for you!

I very generously :D offered to book everything for our small group (2 cabins, 3 families) on my RCI Visa - and everyone is just paying us back - those double points really made a difference!

My TA will not charge directly to RCCL, so no double points for me. And yes, this makes me very angry:mad:

TIME TO GET A NEW TA!!

I always book directly with RCCL, and then, just before final payment transfer it to a TA if they are offering a significant OBC or other incentive. If not, I just leave it with RCCL.

In this day of the internet and connectivity, I am kind of surprised that the cruise lines have not gone the way of the airlines and cut out the TA's and other middle men. We were told that it would be difficult to arrange complex air travel without a TA, but that is the way that most airline tickets are sold today, mostly over the internet. I think the cruise lines will do this also, in the near future.

Hypo

I also book directly with RCI while we are on a cruise, thus getting the OBC for booking onboard. Then prior to final payment, I xfer to the TA I found and get teh additional OBC. She pays RCI direct with my CC so I get the double points. Lets me have control of my res til the last minute and then get an xtra OBC by xferring to the TA. Win Win for me:D

TIME TO GET A NEW TA!!

I always book directly with RCCL, and then, just before final payment transfer it to a TA if they are offering a significant OBC or other incentive. If not, I just leave it with RCCL.

I do the same thing

Archived