Right Golden decision? D730 mini over C752 aft BB

teachergal29

I hope we have made the right decision in choosing a free upgrade offered to us by Princess today. We had been in C752(covered balcony) specifically picked by us because of the aft location for our upcoming Alaska cruise on the Golden Princess. We love the aft and watching the wake. But today Princess called and and offered us a mini-suite on the Dolphin deck,D730, which I know is totally exposed. Will the "room" and the bathroom w/ tub make up for the fact that the balcony will not be covered and I will not see the wake.:confused:

Any thoughts??

Any pictures of D730 cabin or balcony??

Thanks in advance for any input

I have had both and would stick with the aft. There is a reason those aft balconies are so hard to get!

Mini-suites are nice, so you would have to decide which would be better for you. I will not take an uncovered balcony anymore, as it can't be used if there is any rain. The aft would be protected and you wouldn't get all the wind while at sea.

Enjoy your cruise!

Since I don't care about a covered balcony and feel like a balcony cabin is way too small I would jump at the opportunity for the extra space and sitting area in the minisuite. I had a balcony cabin once and vowed never again as I spend time in my cabin and really enjoy having the sitting area.

I had a balcony cabin last time and this time I selected a mini suite. My major reason for the switch was the additional seating area and the larger bathroom. I thought the regular balcony room would be enough but after being on two voyager class ships w/ RCCL I missed the seating area. I don't like lounging on my bed so the love seat will be great. Covered or not covered balcony is not important to me. As long as it's a balcony I'm fine.

What's the priority for you? Covered balcony, aft cabin or additional space? Once you figure this out you shouldn't have a problem making a decision that's best for you.

Happy Cruising!

Thank you all for your input. This is a done deal for usand we cannot go back and get the aft covered balcony,C752. I was just hoping that the extra space and amenities with the mini-suite,D730, will out weigh the fact that it is not on the aft having a view of the wake and that the balcony is not covered and we will be cruising Alaska's Inside Passage. We are just hoping for good weather for this cruise.:)

Thanks, Pam

Someone must have wanted your cabin and I must say that in Alaska - aft is the only way to go. We sailed in cabin D707 on the Island Princess during the last week in May 2006. The wind was so cold that we found ourselves out on the rear observation deck (just down the hall) a lot of the time. Balcony was almost unusable but the extra cabin space was nice.

For us the aft is better than the extra cabin space and we're in C753 on the Star in 2009. :D

Enjoy your cruise!!!

Archived