Soda Cards

miss-heli

Soda Cards.

We are new to Ncl and are just wondering how the Soda card works ?

Is your cruise card marked accordingly as on Costa or do you have get drinks in the 'special mug' included in the deal.

On Navigator last year my teenage sons found lugging the mug around a pain.

Also does everyone in each cabin have to purchase one? or can they be individual.

Can anyone help ?

Soda Cards.

We are new to Ncl and are just wondering how the Soda card works ?

Is your cruise card marked accordingly as on Costa or do you have get drinks in the 'special mug' included in the deal.

On Navigator last year my teenage sons found lugging the mug around a pain.

Also does everyone in each cabin have to purchase one? or can they be individual.

Can anyone help ?

The soda card is $4.00/day+15% for children up to 12 and $6.25/day+15% for 13+.

You get a soda sticker for your cruise card, you do not need to use the included mug, they will give you a glass with ice.

Everyone in the cabin does not have to buy one, but you do have to purchase for the entire week.

If its a 7 day cruise the cost would be $50.31. If you pay-as-you-go cans are $2.00+15% each, so if you think they will drink at least 22 sodas each durring the week its a good value (the cans are larger than the filled glasses of fountain soda also).

Here is the info on the soda card from NCL's website

Adult and teen soda program(13 and older)Unlimited Fountain Soda

Includes: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic Water, and Soda Water

The entire cruise must be purchased. Non-Refundable.

Prepaid @ $6.25 per person per day x Cruise days plus 15% gratuity

and applicable taxes

For children 12 years and younger

Unlimited Fountain Soda

Includes: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic Water, and Soda Water

The entire cruise must be purchased. Non-Refundable.

Prepaid @ $4.00 per person per day x Cruise days plus 15% gratuity

and applicable taxes

Souvenir Thermal mug included in the purchase of the program

We had the sticker on our room cards but they didn't put my husband's sticker on right. We put tape on it and no one questioned it. What bothers me is that someone who has the sticker can keep transfering from 1 room card to another on different cruises. This is stealing yet the staff doesn't seem to question why there is tape. Neither the bartenders or security when getting on & off the ship questioned the tape.

We had the sticker on our room cards but they didn't put my husband's sticker on right. We put tape on it and no one questioned it. What bothers me is that someone who has the sticker can keep transfering from 1 room card to another on different cruises. This is stealing yet the staff doesn't seem to question why there is tape. Neither the bartenders or security when getting on & off the ship questioned the tape.

Would you have prefered everyone questioned you about it? Then you would complain that they made you feel like a criminal. :)

We were on the Jewel back in April. We purchased a teen soda coupon book once we arrived on the ship. I think there were 20 tickets. Between the 4 of us we used all of the tickets and it lasted us throughout the week. There is unlimited iced tea available.

hello everybody this is my first post and in August I will be going on my first cruise!! My h2b only drinks soda occaisonally so it would not be worthed to buy 2 soda cards, will I find any problems if I buy just one and share the drinks with him? Will the bar tender give me strange looks if I go asking for another soda after a couple of minutes? thanks :)

hello everybody this is my first post and in August I will be going on my first cruise!! My h2b only drinks soda occaisonally so it would not be worthed to buy 2 soda cards, will I find any problems if I buy just one and share the drinks with him? Will the bar tender give me strange looks if I go asking for another soda after a couple of minutes? thanks :)

The cards are suppose to be for one person... of course you COULD share the card, there is no time limit for a refill.

If your husband wants a soda I would just go to the bar, show your card, and ask for 2 sodas. From what I have heard sometimes they just give you both of them for free. Worst case they charge you $2 for the second one.

I love soda, but I can not see myself drinking more than 3 sodas on board per day every day. When you are in port you may not even be on the ship much that day. I wish they would lower the price to something a little more resonable like $4/day.

They would make more money from me because I would buy the soda card instead of just getting iced tea most of the time.

My problem with the Soda Card is the rarely did we find the sodas as good from the bar as they are from a can or bottle. I will say on the last cruise we were on we saw people being poured sodas from the can by the bartender for their soda card, but they just got the glass of soda and didn't get the can. I only saw that once or twice, not all over the ship, so it was a limited thing.

thanks for your replies. Come to think of it falken I just drink soda with dinner, at breakfast and lunch I prefer tea or juice. I guess it's better if I buy a can whenever I feel like it!!

As a Diet Coke addict, I am still debating which to do. This will be our first cruise (PoAm 6/14). At home, I drink 8 cans a day, and I don't really like the fountain stuff. However, $16 a day is steep. My dh says I could break the habit, but where's the fun in that?

The other option is to bring your own, you can take as much canned soda or bottled water as you would like on board. We bought 2 twelve packs 1 diet and 1 regular pepsi before getting to port on our Jan cruise and walked right on the ship with them, no questions asked. In fact I even sat at the bar and drank a can of it, of course I also had a beer in the other hand

My past experience suggests the most economical way for the casual soda drinker to get their fix is to bring your own. If it is convenient enough, bring some on with you at embarkation. However, it rarely is, so I tend to stock up at the first port for the rest of the trip. You might feel a little shy crating in 4 12 packs, but the crew doesn't bother you about it, and you can enjoy a cold one on your own deck at your own terms anytime. Even as a beer-a-holic, I'll be snagging a couple packs at our first port.

For the soda fanatic or teens, the prepaid extravagance sometimes does make more sense, and it is convenient. The math was posted above, I'd just try to guesstimate by that.

Please see responses below:

The soda card is $4.00/day+15% for children up to 12 and $6.25/day+15% for 13+.

You get a soda sticker for your cruise card only adults get the sticker children get a wrist band, you do not need to use the included mug, they will give you a glass with ice. never got an insulated mug just a glass everytime.

Everyone in the cabin does not have to buy one, but you do have to purchase for the entire week. correct

If its a 7 day cruise the cost would be $50.31. If you pay-as-you-go cans are $2.00+15% each actually the price is $2.01 and that includes the automatic tip, so if you think they will drink at least 22 sodas each durring the week its a good value (the cans are larger than the filled glasses of fountain soda also).

on the Spirit the bartenders filled the glass using the cans, took almost the entire can to fill the glass.

As a Diet Coke addict, I am still debating which to do. This will be our first cruise (PoAm 6/14). At home, I drink 8 cans a day, and I don't really like the fountain stuff. However, $16 a day is steep. My dh says I could break the habit, but where's the fun in that?

they poured from the can on the Spirit. You can always ask before you purchase the card. Just a thought.

they poured from the can on the Spirit. You can always ask before you purchase the card. Just a thought.

The reason they fill the glass of soda on the Spirit from cans is because the bartenders don't have wands. On the ships with bartender wands, that's what they will use.

Man the prices they charge for soda you'd think it was IFO380, :D Give me some Irish tea any day and a box of stogies and I'm all set.

Unless you're a popaholic I just cannot see this making much sense. A can or two a day...even one with every meal does not add up. So most will drink as much as they can to get "value". That's the American way. :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Norman

Archived