Mariner REVIEW 3-28/4-04

Hello All,

This was NO doubt one of my best cruises EVER! Thanks to Mr Fain, and of course thanks to Captain Olson for allowing to be his guest at dinner on Thursday night. Here is MY REVIEW!

Embarkation- We got to the pier at exactely 1130am on Sunday morning to find no lines at all. We went through security, then upstairs for check-in where we walked right up to the normal check in desk with no wait. Check in was smooth and we were on the ship and in our cabin (9600) by 12:00 noon.

Day 1- When we entered our room we were greeted by many gifts from Richard Fainn, and YES that is what the card said. We got a nice bottle of wine, a bottle of champagne, and we given authority to use the concierge service. Also we had waiting for us some very very nice flowers. THANK MR FAINN. After we got settled we went out to explore this beautiful ship, we went to check out our table and explore explore explore. This was Candices first time on RCCL so I had a lot to show her, as well as my friends from Califonia that were also onboard. After we sailed it was time to get ready for dinner, I have never had first seating but I did not like and will stick to late seating. It is very inconvenient to get ready when you are still a little tipsy and want to take a nap. The first night at dinner went well and the food was better than I had remembered. We had a lot of plans to meet up with some folks this night but ended up asleep at 9pm.

Day 2 (Nassau)

Well I was just here not to long ago and I knew we did not have much time in port. We met with my friends from California in the morning for breakfast then went off to Atlantis. This is the first time I have taken the time to walk around and actually explore the resort and I must say that I was most impressed. After a quick cocktail we headed back to the ship for some lunch in the Dinning room. We sailed at exactely 2pm. After we sailed we sat by the pool for a bit and enjoyed the ship. This was also the first formal night which of course is my favorite. Everyone looked great and of course it was the typical party in the Promenade. When we got back to our cabin we had more gifts delivered to our cabin by Mr Fainn. Monday night was another early night for us, off to bed at 10pm.

Day 3 (sea Day)

We were up by about 10am on this day and went right to the pool after some breakfast on the balcony. We took the glass table from the cabin and placed it on the balcony which not only helped us with space in the cabin but also gave us a place to eat our eggs. When we got to the pool OF COURSE chairs were saved ALL OVER and BOY did this make me mad. After a quick calm down from the girlfriend, we found a spot and got comfy for the day. This night we ate at Portofinos and I was NOT impressed at all. The meat was better the night before in the dinning room but of course the service was much better and more personal. I would not eat in Portofinos again. This night we went down to the bar in the Dragons Lair where a friend of mine is a bartender....well lets just say that I dont remember much after we got there BUT we did stay out until 2am atleast I THINK we did.

Day 4 (St Thomas)

Well we had to be on the pier by 9am to meet some friends for a sail boat ride to buck island. Well we made it may and I was not feeling that well. The sail boat ride was a little rocky but then again so was laying in bed. The snorkeling was wonderful and we saw some really cool fish. After a quick sail boat ride back to the pier it was off for some shopping a meal at Hard Rock and of couse a little COLD STONE ice cream. When we got back to our cabin we had some nice treats courtesy of the head chef and some more wine. I cant remember what I ate this night but it was pretty good, I do remember that.

Day 5 (San Juan)

OK this was the most fun I have had in San Juan. Candice and I did some shopping and then went to the Fort for some good pictures. Of couse we hit a few bars along the way and had some drinks. On the way back to the ship we stopped and had some black bean soup and BOY was it good. We had to be back on by 5pm so we could get ready for our group dinner at CHOPS. ONE word about CHOPS WOW! The food and service were amaaaazing and I will for sure eat there again next time I am onboard. We sailed from San Juan at 10pm and we went to the front of deck 12 for the sailing. We took it easy this night and took in a few shows. Off to bed about midnight or so.

Day 6 (sea Day)

When we got up in the morning I was surprised to wake up in the morning to find an invitation to eat at the Captians Table. Of course I called social host Melissa and confirmed then tired to explain to Candice what an honnor it was to eat with him. We spend the day by the pool and I drank WAAAAAY TO much and got more sun then I needed. We were at the pool from 10am until 4:30pm. I passed out for an hour while my honey got rready for dinner. She finally got me up and I got ready then it was off to meet Melissa and the rest of the folks joining us at the Captains table. Captain Tor Olson had some very good stores and Candice and I both were honored to seat with both him and his wife Theresa. I wish I had not drank so much during the day as I was a little hung over at the table....SORRY about that Captainicon_smile.gif

Day 7 (sea Day)

A day of relaxing and getting packed and spending a little more time by the pool. It was a little windy but the ride was pretty smooth and the day went quick. We ate at Johnny Rockets and I paid the $3.95 for Candice because she is not a C&A member yet, but YES the line was long so I can see RCCL continuing to charge. We said goodbye to some friend on board then it was off to bed at 1am.

Debarkation- Well I woke this morning with a little bit of a headache but I was happy to be home. We packed up and went up the Windjammer for some breakfast. I took a quick trip down to deck 10 and took a peak in the Grand Suite. The folks cleaning the cabin allowed me to walk around at take a look, the one thing I noticed is that there is NO hot tub on the balcony on the balcony like other ships. We were off the ship by 8:45 and home in Orlando by 10am.

Trip Recap- I LOVE RCCL and will continue to sail them as long as I can. This trip we were treated so well by everyone and it made it that much better. I experienced a lot on this trip that I have never experienced and I was happy to do it with the woman I love so muchicon_smile.gif Please take a peak at my link below later tommorow and I will have all my pics posted. Please feel free to ask me any questions cause I am tired of typingicon_smile.gif PLZ PLZ take a moment to sign my guestbookicon_smile.gif

Tim

CRUISE PICTURES

Tropicale 10-7-00

Sovereign Of The Seas 5-6-01

Triumph 9-1-01

Explorer Of The Seas 8-31-2002

Carnival Pride 4-12-2003

Mariner Of The Seas 11-16-2003 (Innagural Cruise)

Carnival Fantasy 1-29-2004

Mariner Of The Seas 3-28-2004

community.webshots.com/user/skyking518

The seas were a little rough the first few days as we headed south in the Atlantic. The Captain reminded of a few things as to why the seas are rough. When you sail the Eastern Carribean you are not actually in the Carribean Sea for very long but actually you are in the Atlantic. The ship had a smooth rolling motion but coming home it was very very smooth.

Tim

Tropicale 10-7-00

Triumph 9-1-01

Carnival Pride 4-12-2003

Judie- I am a Manger for an Airline that has close ties with RCCL. I was in contact with Mr Fain for a few weeks before we sailed.

Tim

Tropicale 10-7-00

Triumph 9-1-01

Carnival Pride 4-12-2003

Het Tim,

Went on the Triumph with you and significant other.

How is everything??

I am on the Majesty May 21.

When is your next cruise??

Hope to see you again one day.

Sherry

"Mother Ocean -I have heard you call"

Paradise -"99"

Triumph -"01"

Majesty of Seas -"02"

Majesty of Seas -"02"

Cher- HEY YOUicon_smile.gif Good to hear from you, all is well here in Orlando and boy I just cant seem to cruise enough. I am off to bedicon_smile.gif Keep in touch.

Tim

Tropicale 10-7-00

Triumph 9-1-01

Carnival Pride 4-12-2003

Tim,

You're sooo lucky..We've just arrived home in Scotland 24hours after leaving Mariner. Delays through New York due to bad weather. Met you on the first day but we must've been in different bars after that. We had a fantastic time and you were right, Mariner is beautiful. All partied out, met loads of fantastic people. Looking forward to seeing your photos.

Sheena

Hi Tim !

Your pics are great.... Thanks for posting ! It looks like the beautiful Mariner of the Seas will be in perfect shape for my cruise on May 2.

Great Job ! Thanks again !

Radio

icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

For Ship and Cabin Pics...Visit :Radio's Cruise Page

Disco- Sorry we missed each other, I do remember meeting you at the pool bar on the first afternoon. I hope your cruise was a wonderful oneicon_smile.gif

Radio- Thanks for the nice commentsicon_smile.gif means a lot coming from you since you are the master of Mariner picturesicon_smile.gif

The kids were not that bad on board but there were a lot of them. I was expecting much much worse. The captain also told me that he did not kick off an families the week before so who knows how that rumor started.

Tim

Tropicale 10-7-00

Triumph 9-1-01

Carnival Pride 4-12-2003

ATTENTIONT RADIO-- PLEASE EMAIL ME AS SOON AS YOU CAN. I HAVE A FUNNY STORY FOR YOU, YOU CAN REACH ME AT skyking517@aol.com

Tim

Tropicale 10-7-00

Triumph 9-1-01

Carnival Pride 4-12-2003

Fix the red eyes and you have some great pictures! Great looking couple.

What stateroom did you have? Where was the picture with the colorful buidings in the background taken?

Thank again!

Are you sailing on the Mariner 7/18/04?...Click here! icon_cool.gif

or HERE! icon_wink.gif

Disney Wonder 3/2000 ~ Disney Magic 9/2000 ~ RCI Vision 2/2001 ~ Carnival Victory 12/2001 ~ Celebrity Millennium 3/2003 ~ RCI Adventure OTS 9/2003 ~ RCI Mariner OTS 7/18/2004 ~ RCI Serenade OTS 9/26/2004

Family of 14- Ya I got a new camera and I forgot to set the red eye reduction. I will have to fix it. We were in cabin 9600 on deck 9. The pics were taken outside the main entrance of Atlantis. Those are the bungalows that a part of the resort.

Tim

Tropicale 10-7-00

Triumph 9-1-01

Carnival Pride 4-12-2003

Thanks for sharing your review and the great photos. I wish my turn was sooner! icon_biggrin.gif

Lisa

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;10;3;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until Mariner of the Seas

Voyager of the Seas - Oct. 2003

I also meant to ask, did you go through Atlantis on your own? I want to check it out but I'm debating between a tour and doing it on our own. Thanks!

Lisa

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;10;3;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until Mariner of the Seas

Voyager of the Seas - Oct. 2003

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Family of 14- Ya I got a new camera and I forgot to set the red eye reduction. I will have to fix it. We were in cabin 9600 on deck 9. The pics were taken outside the main entrance of Atlantis. Those are the bungalows that a part of the resort. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I have a new camera also. I didn't take the time to get to know the camera before I left for Puerto Rico a couple of weeks ago. I thought I was getting some great shots and video, but the pictures were terrible and no video. icon_rolleyes.gif

Was 9600 a Cat. D or E? I noticed you had a funny looking divider on your balcony.

Atlantis does look cool. icon_cool.gif I'd like to know about your visit as well.

Are you sailing on the Mariner 7/18/04?...Click here! icon_cool.gif

or HERE! icon_wink.gif

Disney Wonder 3/2000 ~ Disney Magic 9/2000 ~ RCI Vision 2/2001 ~ Carnival Victory 12/2001 ~ Celebrity Millennium 3/2003 ~ RCI Adventure OTS 9/2003 ~ RCI Mariner OTS 7/18/2004 ~ RCI Serenade OTS 9/26/2004

LLM- We got a cab and did Atlantis on our own. We paid $4.00 pp to get over and $4.00 pp to get back.

Mafig- We we actually never told what was going to happen. Some people said we were going to go to COCOCAY and other had no idea. We found out the night before when we got the Compass in our cabin that we would be in San Juan until 10pm rather than 2pm. Maybe an announcment was made and I did not hear it.

Family- We had a CAT D1...this ship has all those dividers now. I like it and it is not to bad.

Tim

Tropicale 10-7-00

Triumph 9-1-01

Carnival Pride 4-12-2003

aucruiser- The regualr port change with San Juan instead of St Marteen has been set in stone since the ship came out. It is even in the brochure. St Marteen must have been full already before the itinerary was created for that week. I didnt mind going to San Juan again, I actually enjoyed it more this time around.

Tim

Tropicale 10-7-00

Triumph 9-1-01

Carnival Pride 4-12-2003

What a beautiful couple. The pictures are teriffic. Where where you when you were standing on the bridge with the water andbuildings behind you. ALso, there was one when your lovely lady waspointing down a cobble stone street. All the photos were beautiful. Thanks for the review as well.

royalsmallwide.gif

RCCI Mariner of the Seas ~ 9/04 Royal Hounds

RCCI Voyager of the Seas ~ 9/03

NCL Norway ~ 11/92

NCL Norway ~ 4/83

Dream- Thanks for the wonderful commentsicon_smile.gif The pic of Candice pointing down the road was taken in San Juan and the pic of her in the stairway was taken at the fort in San Juan.

Tim

Tropicale 10-7-00

Triumph 9-1-01

Carnival Pride 4-12-2003

Great pics SkyKing! Having been on two other Voyager class ships (Voyager and Explorer), I can't wait to try Mariner out, especially being in my backyard. I'm in the Orlando area too.

[This message was edited by Host Cecilia on 04-06-04 at 08:57 PM.]

Archived