Sovereign SOV Conflicting Info

:confused: I've searched and read numerous threads and I still don't know the answer to the following questions about superior oceanview cabins:

... Is there a sofa? (I asked specifically and the RCCL rep told me that there is a non-sleeper sofa in 9506. Yet numerous posts about deck 9 say "no".)

... Is there a mini-fridge? (Trying to decide whether to stop for bottled water and sodas on the drive to the port.)

Any insight from recent cruisers would be greatly appreciated!! :)

I just sailed in 9016 and there is a small safe, no sofa, and no fridge to be found. We took a case of water and a 12-pack of cokes and wrapped a luggage tag around them with tape and they came right on through. (There were 14 in our party and we shared).

Thanks for the "in the know" replies!! It was SO frustrating to keep reading different information, so I greatly appreciate hearing from someone recently returned!! (Not happy with the RCCL rep, but won't let it bother me as I'm so looking forward to this cruise!!) Will definitely stop for beverages on the way from MCO to the port. I assume you used the ice in the room to keep them cold? Having always been in a balcony cabin with a fridge, I wasn't sure if it was worth it if the sodas and water were warm. Hope y'all had a great time on your cruise!!

We always take a cooler with us. We just tell the Cabin Steward the first time we see him/her to always keep it full of ice and they do. We take one on every cruise we go on, even if there are fridges, they don't keep things cold enough for me, so I want my cooler with ice:D

Bring a soft, collapsable cooler. The room steward will keep it filled with ice.

Remember that sometimes they leak so be sure to place it on a folded towel or maybe in the shower. ;)

Thanks for the "in the know" replies!! (Not happy with the RCCL rep, but won't let it bother me as I'm so looking forward to this cruise!!)

Ahh, but now you have learned what many of us already know. Most of the RCCL reps have never been on a cruiseship. You can call back 3 times and get 3 different answers to the same question. Very frustrating!

How were the seas when you sailed? Leaving on Monday and inquiring minds want to know!:D

Thanks!

Just back from Sovereign and had a GREAT cruise! :)

There was couple times, (first night and last night) when ship was rocking a little bit and some got sea sick but it wasn't bad at all, at least not for us because we like it. :p

Have a great time cruising when you go there Monday!

I bought a big soft side cooler at Sams that my husband actually thought was a luggage bag for all of our drinks. It looks like a beach bag.

SOTS has very small chair/loveseat sofas and they pull out into a SINGLE SLEEPER!! if its not in your room, you'll have to request it. The rooms seem so small to me. We always stay in a GS (on other ships) which is cozy for 5 but impossible on SOTS. In July we have a GS and a JS since my friend is coming with us, we were going to stay 3 to a room but I know my husband is going get buggy about the space issue!

the ship will be a little rocky crossing the gulf stream each way so watch out on the sail away drinks!! I made that mistake once.;)

Just back from Sovereign and had a GREAT cruise! :)

There was couple times, (first night and last night) when ship was rocking a little bit and some got sea sick but it wasn't bad at all, at least not for us because we like it. :p

Have a great time cruising when you go there Monday!

How was the food in the windjammer and the dinning room?

How was the food in the windjammer and the dinning room?

We are not picky eaters, I just enjoy when I don't have to cook. So, our over all thoughts about food we would give the average score good, but the selections were pretty much same as they have always been. We had breakfast and lunch in the Windjammer and dinner in the dining room. Neither of us (me and DH) didn't eat any meat dishes in the dining room, but others in our table were saying that first nights prime rib was tough and they send it back to get something else. They said that second nights filet of beef was good, third nights lamb dish and last nights new york strip steak was OK. Our food in the dining room was always good when we selected fish and pasta dishes.

Archived