Voyager Junior Suite On Back Of Ship?

We are cruising the Voyager in January and managed to get a junior suite, 10th floor directly on back of ship. YEE-HAA! After 14 cruises I finally managed that one!

Anyone know about cruising with a balcony off the back? What's it like?

We are cruising the Voyager in January and managed to get a junior suite, 10th floor directly on back of ship. YEE-HAA! After 14 cruises I finally managed that one!

Anyone know about cruising with a balcony off the back? What's it like?

that's our favorite location. click on my picture links--Voyager TA 12/07, we were in 1694. you can also see other aft cabins, pictures on webshots by searching for it.

will tell you that aft is a great walk form the elevators, but we do walk a mile every day and like the extra exercise.

I hope to one day get a wrap around aft on a vision class ship!!!!

enjoy

we are next door....1394. was the room/balcony spacious? our friends are around the corner in an inside cabin. i am excited! don't mean to be dumb here but where is your link to click on to get picks?

where in cozumel did you dock? i am hoping for the up front and personal spot....right in downtown.

how was the entertainment on the ship? we like to listen to music....good old rock-n-roll, country, etc. not much for the shows.....just lots of music, fun and dancing! (my son dances with me as my hubby has two left feet) lmao

we are next door....1394. was the room/balcony spacious? our friends are around the corner in an inside cabin. i am excited! don't mean to be dumb here but where is your link to click on to get picks?

if you are asking me, it is right beneath my name in my signature.

where in cozumel did you dock? i am hoping for the up front and personal spot....right in downtown.

NOPE, they dock at the one a couple of miles away--I can not remember the name to save my life & have docked there several times. Only time I have docked downtown was after Wilma and I was on the Splendour and we tendered downtown where Carnival docks.

how was the entertainment on the ship? we like to listen to music....good old rock-n-roll, country, etc. not much for the shows.....just lots of music, fun and dancing! (my son dances with me as my hubby has two left feet) lmao

i think it is the international pier? maybe......

i found pics....wonderful! after so many cruises you would think one would be not as excited but each one is a new cruise to me. we are doing disney in sept and have voyager booked for january and conquest booked for may, 2009.

i think it is the international pier? maybe......

i found pics....wonderful! after so many cruises you would think one would be not as excited but each one is a new cruise to me. we are doing disney in sept and have voyager booked for january and conquest booked for may, 2009.

that's it-International Pier. When we were there in Dec they were building what appeared to be another pier--not sure if it is for the ferry or what. They have built a bigger market area that is really nice--until another hurricane comes and blows it away:(

people ask me what my favorite crusie is & I usually say, the one I am on--they are all different, even on the same ship back 2 back. passengers & crew make a difference.

Like Brenda we had 1694 for both weeks of our b2b on the Voyager last month........

What a great cabin and you will love the cabin steward........our cabin and balcony was probably the highlight of our entire 2 weeks on board.

Any questions fire away...........I'm sure Brenda has probably answered most of your questions but wanted to echo what she said........

GREAT CABIN

My sis and I were in the two JS suites on Deck 10 on Voyager last June on a Med cruise. It was absolutely WONDERFUL!!! We loved them! They are a little bumpier but the view . . . The balconies are huge and the cabins even seem a little larger. We didn't mind the walk - gets rid of those calories. It was an awesome trip. We have booked the same two cabins on Explorer for my daughter's wedding cruise in November. I'm a little concerned with the bumps when we're sailing by North Carolina but again, we still have that view . . .

Like Brenda we had 1694 for both weeks of our b2b on the Voyager last month........

What a great cabin and you will love the cabin steward........our cabin and balcony was probably the highlight of our entire 2 weeks on board.

Any questions fire away...........I'm sure Brenda has probably answered most of your questions but wanted to echo what she said........

GREAT CABIN

Hi JIM. who was your cabin steward? Ours was Luis Rivera--one of the absolute BEST we have ever ever ever had. he even gave US a gift.

has the crew become Texanized yet? we kept trying to teach them to say y'all & other southern phrases. There were ALOT of Texans & Okies on the TA since it went into Galveston.

how was the entertainment? we like old time rock/roll and good music. any of the clubs have good music? food good?

can't help you, we were coming out of Europe and it actually s^cked part of the trip because they were on European likes & they don't like musci by the pool--or so we were told by several crew members. the entertainment was European as well--we got to where we did not go. opera and classical music are not my bag & especially not when I am on a cruise. NO comedians.

DO NOT MISS the ice show

for the 1394 junior suite, how many chairs does it have, table, etc.? we are going with a party of 8 but when it comes down to it, it's ALL MINE! lol

looking at the pics, the balcony looks really large! bigger than my grande suite on rhapsody but i know how pics can be deceiving.

isn't there a parade thingy on that ship or something? (not quite sure how to word that) any good things to dress up for fun....the conquest had a mardi gras party so we brought all of our mardi gras stuff.

balcony looks really shady...i can't wait.

No, we each had our own huge balcony, its separated by a frosted glass wall. I don't remember entertainment, we had late seating for dinner and were always too exhausted from the day to make the early shows. We did see the ice show though - it was great. Europe almost wasn't like cruising. You were just on a moving hotel sort of. I can't wait for my daughter's cruise - we have two sea days at each end! Yea! I love the aft JS's. Hope you enjoy it too!!!

from the looks of the pics, (OK, don't laugh), it looks like 1694 and 1394 (or whatever the numbers are), share a balcony. that can't possibly be, can it?

Not a stupid question at all. We had 1694 and our friends had 1394 on Voyager a couple of years ago. Would've loved it if they balconies were open. I'll try to dig up a couple of pics. Great cabin, square in shape and wide open inside. Balcony is enormous, with a large table and 4 chairs around it, then large upright style loungers with little attached ottomans and a smaller table. Still lots of floor space. We lived out there when we were on board.

The aft picture with the balconies numbered will show 1694 up top, and not numbered but right next to it on the right is 1394. Just click on any of them and they'll open up into Webshots for a larger view. I've borrowed that particular one from Bonnie Voyager's collection. Thanks Bonnie!

2706592700039822749S200x200Q85.jpg 2317247490039822749S200x200Q85.jpg 1107871218036355651S200x200Q85.jpg 2890581790039822749S200x200Q85.jpg

for the 1394 junior suite, how many chairs does it have, table, etc.? we are going with a party of 8 but when it comes down to it, it's ALL MINE! lol

looking at the pics, the balcony looks really large! bigger than my grande suite on rhapsody but i know how pics can be deceiving.

isn't there a parade thingy on that ship or something? (not quite sure how to word that) any good things to dress up for fun....the conquest had a mardi gras party so we brought all of our mardi gras stuff.

balcony looks really shady...i can't wait.

I can tell you last month......our friends were in your cabin, (we were in 1694 and they were in 1394,) the balcony had 2 lounge chairs and 4 chairs plus a good sized table. In 1694 we only had 2 lounge chairs and 2 chairs.......on a couple of sea days we lifted over our lounge chairs so we would have 4 of those on one deck and then lifted them back over to the proper balcony at the end of the day.

Hi JIM. who was your cabin steward? Ours was Luis Rivera--one of the absolute BEST we have ever ever ever had. he even gave US a gift.

has the crew become Texanized yet? we kept trying to teach them to say y'all & other southern phrases. There were ALOT of Texans & Okies on the TA since it went into Galveston.

Hey brenda.........our cabin steward was Pavla so they must have changed assignments around........she must have taken up where Luis left off because she is the best we have ever had........

You know it's funny.......while I'm sure there were a lot of Texans and Okies on board, you didn't get that Texas feel like you did on the rhapsody........maybe the ship is just too big.:)

The balcony is completely covered..........unless you are standing at the rail.

You can sit out there in the rain unless it is blowing in.......

You will get some sun if it is at an angle or the ship is positioned where the sun is setting due West coming into your balcony.

food - food good in dining room? windjammer?

is john rocket's worth the extra money?

is there a party at one point that i can dress up for (not captain's or anything)

do platinum members (or suite guests) get priority check in?

Crystal,

Are we going to be neighbors? We're in 1694 sailing on Jan 11.

Jim!!

Long time no see! Good to see that our choice of rooms is up to par. :D

We're headed north to Alaska Saturday out of Vancouver on the Serenade....same room we had on the Radiance....1600! LOVE those aft suites!

Joe

sorry but we are cruising jan 18. :-( hope you have fun in alaska.....we've been twice and absolutely love it.

you will be getting off when i get on.....make sure you throw all of your chairs from the balcony over to my side so i have extra chairs and the people in your cabin after you have none! LOL i have a feeling life will never be the same after this cruise....there are 8 of us going, possibly 10.

we are doing disney, AGAIN, in september and have the conquest booked for next may. after i pay for this junior suite i may be sittin on the bank for a while.......at least disney is feeding me for free!

Crystal,

Are we going to be neighbors? We're in 1694 sailing on Jan 11.

Jim!!

Long time no see! Good to see that our choice of rooms is up to par. :D

We're headed north to Alaska Saturday out of Vancouver on the Serenade....same room we had on the Radiance....1600! LOVE those aft suites!

Joe

Hey Joe good to hear from you.........there are about 4 of us that still stop by occasionally on the old radiance roll call........stop by sometime when you can. We are also doing Alaska next year on the Pacific Princess.......only 674 passengers.

Enjoy your cruise on the Serenade..........

i made that picture a screen saver! i am looking off the back of a ship everyday! can't wait!

our friends love to cruise too! we are racing to see who can get 50 in before we die! (the bucket list thing) i am 43 and she will turn 40 next month. this will be my 15th and her 8th or 9th. i am ahead by a length and nearing the halfway mark!

anyone else out there want to come with us!

Archived